German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, we have a 7 month old bitch, GSD, Icesis. She has been walking with her tail about straight out, and our male (10 months), Charlie has been sniffing her "whoo-whoo" area. Also, Charlie hasnt been eating right the past couple of days. he only eats maybe half of what he usually eats. I have checked her area and there is no blood that i can see. But i was wondering if she is maybe about to start her first heat??

I am new to this heat thing....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
oh yeah it definetly sounds like she is going into heat. If your male is not neutered, separate them now...

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
And prepare for loooooooong sleepless nights, if Charlie is so inclined xD

Love howling is fantastic....

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Separate them, you don't want any accident puppies!!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Since one is co-owned and another belongs to a friend it might be easier, better, safer to give one of them back during her heat.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I second Lies!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the owner and the friend are the same. and she lives in Salt lake city. We basically co-own both but legally Icesis (female) is hers. Until the contract is up, then they are both ours.
I am going to be taking Charlie to work with me. And crating when we are at home.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Originally Posted By: AshleynJustinAnd crating when we are at home.
In another room, with the door closed, on another floor of the house??

Seriously - just a crate might not be enough to keep him contained.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Wasn't there a dog here that busted out of its chain kennel, chewed through the garage WALL, and busted the bitch's crate open to mate her?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts