German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

We are interesting in adopting Midnight, I like how striking and intimating she looks. Do you guys think Midnight is a purebred GSD?

Midnight - (Midnight von Minfeld)

Thanks

·
Registered
31,145 Posts
"bred" Purebred

If you are adopting from a rescue, the dogs rarely have a background and you just have to accept that it may or may not be a purebred dog. Especially when you are adopting from the opposite side of the country.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Who knows. She may or may not be, but she is definitely very GSD like. Likely a high content GSD mix if not purebred, and very nice looking for a shelter dog. Would it matter to you if she wasn't 100% GSD?

·
Super Moderator
6,714 Posts
i like her. looks pb. yet the ripples on her forehead caused me to double take. pretty girl. nice solid structure. appears to have a stumpy tail?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who knows. She may or may not be, but she is definitely very GSD like. Likely a high content GSD mix if not purebred, and very nice looking for a shelter dog. Would it matter to you if she wasn't 100% GSD?
It won't matter to me, I am just curious since she looks like a purebred and at the same she doesn't. I am flattered by the intimidating look she has and beautiful coat. But we are waiting to hear from to rescue to tell us how she will be with kids since my wife is very concerned that kids will be scared of her intimidating looks although she is mellow and easy going pup.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like her. looks pb. yet the ripples on her forehead caused me to double take. pretty girl. nice solid structure. appears to have a stumpy tail?
yes, ripples on her forehead confused me as well. can't tell about the tail, I asked the rescue to send me couple of updated pics and a video if possible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you want a purebred, buy one from a reputable breeder or adopt one they are retiring.

If you want to adopt one from a rescue, care more about its temperament and attitude than its bloodline. You aren't gonna be showing a rescue dog anyways.

She's real pretty either way but meeting them and seeing her attitude and behavior is the best possible thing to do.

Good luck! I hope she's awesome. She's very cute. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,

We are interesting in adopting Midnight, I like how striking and intimating she looks. Do you guys think Midnight is a purebred GSD?

Midnight - (Midnight von Minfeld)

Thanks
THAT is a really cool looking dog. Logged in just to comment that. The ripples on the forehead almost have a halo effect. Pretty cool.

That being said, she looks GSD but maybe some hint of something like Cane Corso or something. Not an expert or breeder myself but have been to a few dog shows so I've seen a bit of everything. However, also wouldn't doubt at all she is full GSD just of some specific breeding type.

So many GSDs on that webpage. Can't believe so many GSDs are even available...several look like great companions as well. You might want to get a really cheap flight there before you buy though just to check her out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts