German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where this should go, so feel free to move it to the correct location. I am trying to get this girl into a rescue at the moment and I'm pretty sure she is a PB. I can't really describe her coat though. Its fairly short (normal) coat length over body, but she has these long wisps behind her front and back legs and a very full tail. You can see them in the first pic and you can see how fluffy her tail is in the pic where there is a lab behind her. It seems like she is a mix of a short and a long plush coat. if anyone has experience, I would love opinions about what type coat this is, and if she truly is a PB GSD.

Here are some photos:

Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even with the fluffy tail? I guess I am just so used to Dakota very tight coat with minimal undercoat.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
The tail does look a little more fluffy than usual now that i look again, but the rest of her coat looks stock to me.

I don't know though, plush vs stock is really more of a personal opinion since it's really the same thing.

To me it's kind of hard to tell from the pictures without feeling and seeing the actual coat length in person. I'll stick with my original guess, but i don't think you can go wrong going either way.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
I wonder if someone had her trimmed up but left the tail fur long?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if someone had her trimmed up but left the tail fur long?
I don't think so, her fur doesn't appear to be groomed at all. It is in pretty good condition but I wonder if she would have a longer coat if she had better nutrition and care. Since at least the first two years wasn't good at all, and who knows what they feed at the shelter.

If anyone is looking for a gorgeous girl, send them this way. I still haven't gotten an okay from the rescue I have been in contact with. So please spread the news.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I'd call her a stock coat, but I also think she's mixed. Definitely a high mix GSD though. That said, mixes need help too. I've taken in tons of GSD mixes, and some that weren't even GSD at all, even though we try to keep it limited to GSD....

Just based on those photos, she doesn't look clipped. Something about the body and definitely the tail says there's a little something else influencing her genetics.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunately the rescue i'm trying to get her in only takes in dogs that are PB or at least 90% GSD (not sure how that works). So it looks like I may have to find another rescue to take her or go broke by taking her in myself.

·
Registered
772 Posts
IMO I think she looks pure enough to get into a GSD rescue. She is beautiful! Something about her tail makes me think Collie, but the rest of her looks all GSD.

Kristina

1 - 12 of 12 Posts