German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My toddler is sleeping and a new person comes over that needs my full attention for a bit and she barks while I'm trying to talk to them. If I crate her she barks, put her in another room she barks, whines, digs at the door and jumps on the door. She will literally spend a lot of time just staring at the door fully alert with her nose touching the door and waiting. Every little sound she hears she starts doing low growling, pacing and half barking sounds. When she's in the backyard she wont even be out the door half way and she's already in full fledged bark mode till she notices nothing is there and stops. She follows me literally everywhere it's like separation anxiety and I'm inside the house and even just cleaning is hard because she's always right there following my every step. If I leave the house she's fine. She doesn't whine, bark, or tear up anything...If I'm sitting down and I even move my leg she's immediately right there in front of me lol ...and she's not aggressive at all.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
You truly have a velcro GSD. With the outside part, I would suggest that she needs training there - don't allow her to go out bark - have her sit/stay, and you go outside first - then give her the okay - it helps to redirect also by throwing a ball so she goes after that, then praise her for bringing it back. Also it does seem like she needs more exercise, tug games where she ends up winning, and obedience work to give her something to do so she doesn't make up her own games.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts