German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of these but I was curious as I get a lot of people asking me on walks if my puppy is a mix or not. Rescue said purebred but who knows.

He has a very straight back. Lots of silver and is quite light in color. He also has a white stripe down his nose and under his chin is white with small black spots (adorable!!!)

So I guess the people got me thinking. I don't care either way but wanted to be more sure when I answered so thought I would throw it here haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
He looks like a purebred. How old is he? His coat is short but it could fill in a little as he gets older. You will be able to tell more when he’s an adult, too, but I don’t see another breed in there, other than the coat length and type.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi LuvShepherds.

He is almost 9 months old.

Personally I only saw shepherd but honestly do not know enough about the types of lines and breeding or variations etc. and it got me thinking.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ryka is purebred and with a tight coat, so it's not entirely uncommon. Her entire litter is the same. I'm with LuvShepherds, there's really nothing that makes me question whether or not this dog is purebred.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts