German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zeppelin is about a year and a half now, she’s always been mostly golden with a little black on her face, ears and tail. This past month she has been shedding like CRAZY and after he bath yesterday I noticed these really long fine black hairs all over her neck and back. Is she about to fluff up?! The hairs are almost double in length compared to her yellow hairs!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Is she pure-bred? Can you post pictures of her as a puppy, and full body pictures of her presently?

Pictures of the parents?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is she pure-bred? Can you post pictures of her as a puppy, and full body pictures of her presently?

Pictures of the parents?

She was a rescue I got her when she was roughly 2 months old from a neighbor who found her wondering the streets. She’s pretty short in stature

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
She is CUTE!!! But mix for sure, and may not even have GSD in her.

With unknown mixes, everything is a mystery. Coat color can change unexpectedly. A friend of mine rescued a puppy that was supposed to be GSD-husky mix, but at one year of age, started to get a spotted coat, like an Australian Cattle dog. Handsome dog, but strange coat!

So with a mix like yours, it is possible for the coat color to change as she matures. though what it will be, who knows?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She is CUTE!!! But mix for sure, and may not even have GSD in her.

With unknown mixes, everything is a mystery. Coat color can change unexpectedly. A friend of mine rescued a puppy that was supposed to be GSD-husky mix, but at one year of age, started to get a spotted coat, like an Australian Cattle dog. Handsome dog, but strange coat!

So with a mix like yours, it is possible for the coat color to change as she matures. though what it will be, who knows?

Thank you! She is the love of my life lol. I’ve always thought she was a German Shepard/ grey hound Mix. Her unknown breed is killing me! I know I will have to test her soon to find out

·
Super Moderator
7,370 Posts
I’d throw some pittie in there for sure. Those long hairs may come and go.... highly doubt she’s on her way towards “fluffing up”. She’s got a nice tight coat.

Pitbull x husky mix search turns up some similar looking dogs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts