German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,904 Posts
she’s a mix.
may not be gsd or rottie..... could be both with a lot of other things mixed in too. spaniel, aussie...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not sure on breeds, but definitely a mix.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's only 2 months old so I'm just gonna have to wait a while and see what happens. But they said the mom was Gsd and their was only 3 options for the dad so not sure.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
But they said the mom was Gsd and their was only 3 options for the dad so not sure.
Cute pup. If there were only three possibilities of male dogs that bred with the female GSD, did they happen to know what breed the other two potential sires were?

You could always do an Embark DNA test and find out what all is in the puppy if you're really curious.

·
Registered
703 Posts
When we got the PB mix from the shelter they had 'german shepherd' written on his paperwork. When I went to buy him a license I told the town clerk he did not look at all like a german shepherd and she laughed as she told me they only have three breeds at the shelter and the dog is either german Shepherd or one of the other two.

Your puppy is adorable, gonna be a real cutie!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cute pup. If there were only three possibilities of male dogs that bred with the female GSD, did they happen to know what breed the other two potential sires were?

You could always do an Embark DNA test and find out what all is in the puppy if you're really curious.
Every time I ask questions they give me some half answer so I'll definitely do the embark test.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
The test is very accurate and will give you answers. My rescued dog looked purebred as a puppy and is not. Your dogs doesn’t look purebred. They have have the mother but unless they did a DNA test, she could be a mix too. Shelters are notoriously bad at breed identification.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I see a smaller breed in her face...not sure what...but it's the sweetest little face !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts