1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
black and tan

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts
the pup appears to be B/T but may lighten up significantly to what some describe as black and cream, but i doubt it.

B/C:
http://breederinfocenter.com/images2/20020118204038_170751_5.jpg

where i understand that you guys are saying cream is a shade of tan, i disagree that red is (?). i've seen some dogs listed as red that appear to be just a richer shade of tan... but my dog in unmistakably red...

this:
http://warnerhaus.com/db5/00413/warnerhaus.com/_uimages/haylee.jpg

vs.

this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/camerafodder/famcompgs6.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also told that her father is a White GSD. Would you still consider her a Purebred? I had someone told me she wasn't

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Is my puppy Black & Cream or something differe

Just what I thought, someone when I was walking her, tried to tell me she wasn't

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Yup just because the father is Solid White

·
Registered
12,829 Posts

Originally Posted By: chumpJust what I thought, someone when I was walking her, tried to tell me she wasn't
Isn't it awful there's so many experts walking down the street. I swear some people just need to talk...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yeah way to many experts out there in this world. I had someone ask me one time what kinda of dog is she, I'm like german shepherd. The lady is like oh I have one of those at home

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts

^thats even funnier to me. like a guy who asked if my coated boy was a belgian tervuren. of course i said no but then he replied that its his favorite breed. i could only think that if its his favorite breed, then he should darn well know that my boy isnt one
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

Originally Posted By: chumpYeah way to many experts out there in this world. I had someone ask me one time what kinda of dog is she, I'm like german shepherd. The lady is like oh I have one of those at home

that is too funny, she doesnt know what kind of dog she has????

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts

The pup pictured is a black and tan with the white spotting gene causing white spots on the chest and feet.

Originally Posted By: Camerafodder
where i understand that you guys are saying cream is a shade of tan, i disagree that red is (?). i've seen some dogs listed as red that appear to be just a richer shade of tan... but my dog in unmistakably red...
Genetically both are "black and tan". Tan pigment can vary from very light (cream/silver) to deep orange red, and is governed by genes located at a different locus from the dog's general color (e.g. sable, black & tan, bicolor, etc...). Regardless of depth of tan pigment, the dog's genetic color is still black & tan.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Originally Posted By: Betsy
Originally Posted By: chumpYeah way to many experts out there in this world. I had someone ask me one time what kinda of dog is she, I'm like german shepherd. The lady is like oh I have one of those at home

that is too funny, she doesnt know what kind of dog she has????
Also something else that's funny is my ex gf, has a mixed bred GSD and Chow. Her parents and her always said that the dog was part police GSD and that it's a kind of bred, I just rolled my eyes

·
Super Moderator
6,381 Posts

Originally Posted By: Chris WildThe pup pictured is a black and tan with the white spotting gene causing white spots on the chest and feet.

Originally Posted By: Camerafodder
Genetically both are "black and tan". Tan pigment can vary from very light (cream/silver) to deep orange red, and is governed by genes located at a different locus from the dog's general color (e.g. sable, black & tan, bicolor, etc...). Regardless of depth of tan pigment, the dog's genetic color is still black & tan.
interesting. i assume pigment is genetic tho? meaning two black/cream dogs arent likely to throw a pup as rich as those photos i linked right?

can a dog be registered as black/red, black/cream etc?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts