German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again i have a questiong regardin my puppy behavior , i am not sure if it's normal for her to start crying and growling ( no teeth showing yet ) when i carry her . i touch her ears and she doesn't mind same with her paw , but if i carry her or put her on a submissive position she doesn't like it .

·
Registered
665 Posts
Most GSDs don't like to be carried or placed in a submissive position. Unless she's reacting to a specific event like moving a limb or bending her spine (in which case take her to the vet) you might try not carrying/dominating her and see what she does.

I infer this is a new pup. She may need more time to bond with you to trust you enough to take these liberties with her. Make sure if you reintroduce to the carrying that you do it in a fun, playful mode.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most GSDs don't like to be carried or placed in a submissive position. Unless she's reacting to a specific event like moving a limb or bending her spine (in which case take her to the vet) you might try not carrying/dominating her and see what she does.

I infer this is a new pup. She may need more time to bond with you to trust you enough to take these liberties with her. Make sure if you reintroduce to the carrying that you do it in a fun, playful mode.
ok when she is on the floor she is just fine she likes to follows us around the house , she plays with toys , from time to time she may cry for a 2 sec put then she finds something else to do . she like to bite me on my hand but just because she want to play , is funny cuz she bite my hands but she licks my wife hands.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
ok when she is on the floor she is just fine she likes to follows us around the house , she plays with toys , from time to time she may cry for a 2 sec put then she finds something else to do . she like to bite me on my hand but just because she want to play , is funny cuz she bite my hands but she licks my wife hands.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Probably starting her first teething process. They go through two teething processes.....basically. find an old small washrag you won't use anymore, soak with water, put into a ziplock baggy and freeze it. Make two of them. When she starts crying give her the frozen rag. It helps with teething. Make sure you only do this while you can keep an eye on her.

What type of submissive possision are you puting her in? They almost always cry when you get them in a hold like that. Depending on how your doing it, I was told to hold them crying or not until they stop crying. If you let them up while they cry, the hold does no good. I had done this with my pup when he gets out of hand and it works good for me. Calms him down quick.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hmmmm maybe she's scared? I flip sabo on his back when we are playing and there is no crying at all. I can roll him side to side on his back and no crying either, in fact it's our game! I will even roll him on his back, grab his face and kiss him. I can also carry him around without issue. The only time he will cry is a yelp if I grab him up under his arm pits, but I think that's because he's heavier now, so I put an arm under his arm pits, and grab him under his butt to alleviate pressure.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think she's in pain? Maybe a physical problem?
no i dont think so we took her to the vet last week she had a physical done all good .. she like to run and some time walk on the leash specially when she knows she is getting close to the house she wants to lead me to the point that i have to walk super fast to be next to her

1 - 7 of 7 Posts