German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just got my first puppy .. and i lack experience .. so i was wondering if you could check the picture and tell me if he is a pure german shepherd or not , he is 45 days old and his ears didnt even start flapping hence didnt get up :S
thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
I lack experience too but he looks purebred to me. Why did you get him so young?

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
It's hard to tell at this age, but he looks like a GSD puppy.

Where did you get him that you are unsure of his lineage?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glinny thanks for the quick reply :D
his owner was gonna give him away anyways .. so i decided to have him myself :$

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gsdsar i got him from a friend,
but my friend only ownes the mother .. so i havent seen the father at all and just wanted to make sure if he's pure breed or not and whether he'll turn out to look like a gsd or a mixed breed

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
He looks GSD.

·
Registered
308 Posts
well your puppy is very cute. but I don't think I've ever seen a purebred German shepherd have blue eyes. are the eyes blue?

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
All puppies have blue eyes, but I think they get darker by 6.5 weeks old. Hard to say, can't remember when they are actually darker. I mean they start opening around 10 days, and the pup is 45 days now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am a first time gsd owner, too. I'm still learning as I go :) . I just never seen a shepherd with blue eyes. Bubbles didn't have blue eyes from what I remember. I guess I'll go look at puppy pictures . :)

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
When I picked up Akina at 8 weeks... Her eyes were still just the slightest hint of blue. So at 6.5 weeks certainly eyes could still be a bit blue.
OP's puppy has very light eyes. Maybe a dilute blue?
Can you post more pictures?

·
Registered
31,907 Posts
I just have a hard time remember when the eyes go from blue to dark.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
looks gsd to me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts