German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I am new to this website. Recently my family purchased a German Shepard off a non breeder. The person we got it from got it from his friend who has a litter of puppies but was going to take it to the pound so we took the little guy in to our family. I have attached pictures. I know he has some German Shepherd in him, but don't know if he is full. We took him to the vet and they believe him to be, but just wanted to see your opinions.

Thank you!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm wobbling a bit. I want to say yes, but at the same time. . . Give her a couple months when she's in teenage months vs little puppy and it'll be easier to tell.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
He looks to be...but if so, why would they have been taking them to the pound, I wonder?

He sure is cute! Do you have ideas about training him yet? They are like little sponges at that age, so I hear. (I have three dogs I adopted as adults...)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Wait a few months. If your adorable puppy turns into a land shark, I would say you got a GSD. I love puppies and only GSD puppies take it as a challenge to see how much they can bite. No other puppy ever bit me before. Not hard bites that puncture the skin .. Too much. Just enough to leave teeth marks and scars behind.

He is rather cute. He can come live with me until he is passed the land shark phase.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your opinions. I am actively working with a private trainer. She has been training German's for 35 years for police and nursing homes. I am hopeful she will be able to help train me! So i can train the puppy correctly. He is very much like a "land Shark" right now, but is getting better as he gets a bit older. I have a son the is 2 years old and the puppy bit him twice, but we have made it known to the god that is NOT okay. Our vet has recommended getting him neutered asap. The private Trainer has also recommended the author the Monks of New Skete "how to be a dogs best friend" so we have been reading that as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts