German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just recently adopted a rescued a GSD and was reading through a lot of the post here and it seems like my pup might be on the small side? The shelter said that he is most likely mixed but he looks pure shepherd to me. He is 13 weeks and is 6 kg (13 pounds). I am feeding about 300grams of Canagan a day split into 3 meals. Am I feeding too little? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Very cute pup.

A picture from above of him standing would help gauge his body condition. With and unknown background I wouldn't worry too much about weight as long as he is eating well and healthy. He could have had small parents, some GSDs can be around 50lbs, they aren't suppose to be 100lb+ dogs. I never weighed my pup, I put my hands on him and went by feel. Don't try to compare your pup's weight to others who are going to be from different lines, backgrounds, ect...

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Your puppy's weight looks good, I don't think he needs more food. That collar looks awful tight though...

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
He is absolutely adorable! He actually looks a bit hefty. You should see a waist on your pup, so you are feeding more than enough. He may be mixed - hard to tell with some pups sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts