German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is my 6 mo ready to be home alone 8-9 hours a day yet?

I have been taking 1.5 hours lunch so I can go home to feed him. I'm thinking about feeding him 2 meals a day now. A little background, Lincoln has been leaving home alone 4-5 hours a day at a time, outside the crate, with a doggie door, since he was 4 months old. He is completely housebroken, haven't destroy the house (knock on woods). We have camera in living room (only place hes allowed when home alone) and the yards. I have been watching him in the pass 2 months and he sleeps most of the day. He is maybe a little more active during the afternoon where he would go outside and run around. Our work hours are 8-5 so we leave the house around 7.30 and get home around 6.

I don't mean for this to be a "require" things to do. I just want to have a choice that some day I can leave him alone all day. For the day that I'm not busy I would go eat at home anyway.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
If he's already used to being out then you can try it for a few days and see how it goes

Personally, I like doing three meals a day for puppies but for Delgado due to my schedule he was fed twice a day starting at 9 weeks. It didn't hurt him

1 - 2 of 2 Posts