German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
"Duke is stunning and I love that red puff collar."

We adopted him December 15 so that is his Christmas bow. He's a sweet boy. You have one cute pup there. Can't wait to see how his coat grows in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Simba is growing into being a stunning dog. Just beautiful. What do you do with him??
Most of the time I will be playing with him and training him. Especially for posing😅. Apart from that daily running upto 15mins and play time upto 45 mins.

Food:
Until 5.5 months everyday 2 times dry food (Royal canin) and 1 time cooked chicken with bones and chicken liver with carrots, pumpkins and rice.
Well cooked egg at morning everyday. Now (once he crossed 6 months) he is having beef bones instead of chicken. And reduced food from 3 to 2 times (morning and night).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Most of the time I will be playing with him and training him. Especially for posing😅. Apart from that daily running upto 15mins and play time upto 45 mins.

Food:
Until 5.5 months everyday 2 times dry food (Royal canin) and 1 time cooked chicken bones and chicken liver with carrots, pumpkins and rice.
Well cooked egg at morning everyday. Now (once he crossed 6 months) he is having beef bones instead of chicken. And reduced food from 3 to 2 times (morning and night).
He looks handsome.. But cooked chicken bones are big No!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
He looks handsome.. But cooked chicken bones are big No!
Hey, any specific reasons to avoid chicken with bones? Because when I feed chicken with bones he got some eye redness. I stopped chicken with bones and moved to chicken liver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, any specific reasons to avoid chicken with bones? Because when I feed chicken with bones he got some eye redness. I stopped chicken with bones and moved to chicken liver.
Because cooked chicken bones (most bones to some extent) can splinter like glass and seriously injure the stomach...and even get stuck somewhere on the digestive tract.
Feed raw bones.. Easy for everyone involved.

·
Premium Member
Gunnar Vom Langer Strand (gsd), Dynamic's Bogan Vom Langer Strand (boxer)
244 Posts
Cooked bones splinter in to sharp pieces when broken, such as in chewing. Potentially dangerous cutting and puncturing. Raw bones don't splinter when broken and are safer to eat. There is a very informative section on feeding a raw diet on this forum, if you'd like to learn the details.

edit - Simba looks like quite the benevolent king... You're lucky to have each other.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Stock.

..... and good luck w him!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts