German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello i have a 15 month old gsd and i would like to know what you think his color is. Also he was born 11/15/2010 ( 15 months) and only 70 pounds how big do you think he will be. his sire is czech 105 lbs red sable dam is blk/tn 70 lbs american lines. he hasnt gained Any weight since he was 9 months. please help mostly diamond naturals chicken and rice recently switched from dog chow. he does get some raw.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
He looks black and red to me. 70 lbs is within breed standard for a male. I think he is pretty much done growing. Good looking boy-you must be pleased with him.

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
He looks black and red to me. 70 lbs is within breed standard for a male. I think he is pretty much done growing. Good looking boy-you must be pleased with him.
I think it's the lighting that makes him look red, it looks like they were taken at sunset.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they were takin at about 2 o clock last thursday the reason im asking is for the very reason sometimes he looks b/t sometimes he looks b/r so i dunno. i would really like to know every ones guess for mature weight as well

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Did you photoshop or edit those pictures at all? He looks black and red in the pictures, but they look edited except the last one where he looks more black and tan.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No. If I wanted an honest opinion what would i gain by cheating this isnt like im advertising to breed. but def did not dont know i took the last pic with flash maybe i dunno. can i get a size at maturity i just cant recall any of my past pups being that skinny at his age.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Just asking... they just seem a little off (the pictures, not your dog).

What lines is he from? Do you have a picture of mom and dad? How big were they?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Yeah... looks like a mix of lines on the sires side with the dam being american. Some of the sires info incomplete, so you're missing that part of the pedigree too.

Typically, when you're talking about black and reds, that mostly applies to the west german show lines. The american lines are mosly black and tan, but also may be sable, black, and also white too, but not usually black and red. There is some west german show line in the sires pedigree, but not a whole lot.

·
Banned
11,005 Posts
He's actually cream colored (light tan) underneath which indicates more of a black/tan coloration than black/red.
As others stated, two of the pics look like they were color enhanced (even the grass looks red) while the 3rd doesn't have as much red going on and the dog's true color is more of a tan.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
If you adjust the white balance on your camera, you can get a more accurate representation. Since the grass and trees have a orange/red hue in all three photos- the white balance is not correct making the dog appear more red.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/whitebalance.htm

1 - 20 of 53 Posts