German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me this German Shepard. She said he's a pure bred below are some pictures, and on the bottom are pics of mom & dad, dad looks like a pure bred, but idk about mom?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
She certainly looks like a beautiful little German Shepherd puppy to me. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u, I was just in doubt because mom looks mixed... :) it's my first time owning a gsd! :)

Sent from my iPad using PG Free

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Do you know for sure or did someone just say that? I suspect not, especially if he is a purebred GSD.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hard to tell, but the supposed dam and sire both have poor pigmentation, extensive ticking and light masks. Makes sense they would produce a poorly pigmented pup with light markings and white spots. Puppy shows a good amount of bleed through and has light pigment/color. I think he's pure, but pet quality, which doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing! Hope he brings you many years of joy. Next time though, do your homework before selecting a pup to bring home. Impulse decisions almost never tend to work out well - for the owner or the pup.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well mixed or not i love the little ball of fur... Well, not so little now. :) i was just in doubt because mom was so light & her head seemed so small in the first picture! :) anyway, here is another of dad, mom and bear at 9 weeks :) :) thank u all! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is this girl of mine pure gsd? A friend gifted me saying its pure gsd . As I am the first time owner of a dog I know nothing about gsds.Roxy 12 weeks 8 weeks and 4 weeks old

Attachments

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
She looks more shepherd-y now. In the eight-week photo, her scull looks a little more rounded than most shepherds. Her coloring looks more like a malinois, but I really don't see anything else that screams mal.

What are you feeding her?. Did you have her from four weeks or did you get her at eight or twelve? I am worried a little bit about her structure, and how she is growing. I do love those ears.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do own her since she was 4 weeks old.Am feeding her the best dog food available.She is very intelligent and her bark is Very loud compared to her size.Her ears are the only thing that seems to be inherited as pure trait.Am posting another photo of her its so difficult to shoot her beacuse she is so energetic doesn't give a pose for a second.I was told initially that she will change colour and her back will become black but till now no black hairs are visible ...she is 22july born can she change colour now also

Attachments

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Another pup out of the nest much too early. Did her dam die? Were there littermates?

I ask because her legs look like they may be knuckling, which could be caused by some nutritional deficit.

As for her color, I don't know if she is a sable or just a black and tan without a saddle. A sable would have banded hairs, and red and black on each hair. Your typical black and tan coloring would have been mostly black at 4 weeks, and then a small amount of brown on the lower legs, ears, face and maybe chest. That is not what is going on there. Though I have seen pictures of a grayish pup turning black and tan, but I think it was actually a patterned sable.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts