German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Bandit
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought him from a backyard Breeder in a rural town and he came with no papers. His mother from what I see in the pictures I was sent is an all black shepherd, his father looks like a sable. Bandit is a sable shepherd but is definitely on the darker side. My question is, are the all black shepherds show line? I love my dog I was just curious and wanted to learn more about him and his parents. I did a DNA test after many people told me they thought he was a Belgian malinois and the test came back 100% GSD. Here’s a pic of his father mother and a couple pics of him.
1B6AB353-F50B-4598-A33A-086D7769B8A3.png
59698397-819C-4978-9FD7-5725961A51EC.png
502AB635-7478-436A-A51A-AE3B2FB5DDD6.jpeg
78DE5A86-EF71-4490-A5AD-0C7E5ADB1F2E.jpeg

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Good looking pup! I'd say you got 100% lucky to get 100% GSD! But without a lineage, i.e. papers you can't have a "lines". People refer to dogs with unknown lineage as "pet lines" and it is usually said derogatorially. But the truth is, you will never know!

Black dogs show up in both SL and WL dogs. Sable used to be associated with WL more, but because it's a popular color, it really indicates nothing these days.

You should just enjoy your beautiful puppy for who he is. Train him well and chances are he'll be a wonderful companion!

Reactions: AnthonyA1234

·
Super Moderator
9,242 Posts
mom is a Bi-color...

Reactions: sitstay

·
Registered
Sutter Cain (dog), Jori (cat), Skeeter (cat)
161 Posts
Oh I am absolutely in love with his face!!! He's beautiful and such a friendly, expressive face!! I agree that you got lucky with your lovely pup even if he's not solid black as you expected

·
Registered
Bandit
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh I am absolutely in love with his face!!! He's beautiful and such a friendly, expressive face!! I agree that you got lucky with your lovely pup even if he's not solid black as you expected
thank you so much! No not at all I love the sable coloring I was just wondering whether he had show line in him or not since the mom could’ve been a show line. I love the sable and exactly how he is haha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts