German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog just turned 10 months yesterday and I was doing her monthly growth check, I weighed her and measured her and she definitely grew some but I was curious if she was a proper size for her age and gender. I'm not obsessed with her size or anything I just want to make sure everything is looking alright and how much more approximately may she grow?

As of yesterday she weighed in just a little over 61 lbs which I think is a good weight though she has lost muscle mass after an injury she got, and her measurements were Height: 24 in Length: 29.5 approx (we still haven't gotten the hang of standing still but I went ahead and took the shorter end of what I got)

I'm really not sure if that's normal or awkward or what but any input would be great. I'll also try to upload some pictures below though I haven't taken any recent so they are of her at 9 months.

Yska Standing 2.jpg

Yska Standing 1.jpg

Yska.jpg

Yska full 2.jpg

Yska Front copy.jpg

Yska sitting 2.jpg

(At 9 months she was 23 inches in height and i believe 27 inches in length)

Also idk if this matters but her Father was a Panda Shepherd Just reaching over 100 lbs; unsure about his measurements but he wasnt overly tall, though he was quite long. and her mother was normal shepherd on the smaller side i would say 55-60lbs; shorter in length and height. I can show pictures of them too if needed

·
Registered
308 Posts
Seems quite good to me. Butters is about the same right now, though she has several months on your dog. I believe she stopped growing height-wise around a year or so, but in terms in weight, she's likely to grow s'more, especially given the muscle loss you mentioned.

Your dog is GORGEOUS, by the way. I loovvveee animals with multi-colored eyes. You've got a very handsome pup!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! I feel very blessed to have her. Just haven't owned a shepherd in years and my last one was male so i'm not too sure what to expect haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts