German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tiger is our new family member. He is a very cheerful and active puppy. While adopting him from a breeder I was being told that he is a double coat Medium-Long length Gsd. ( can’t trust breeders nowadays specifically here in my country INDIA ).

attaching few pics of him from 1week till now 18-July-2020 (68 days old as of today ).

Can anyone guess with his or her previous experiences or any solid knowledge over the topic ?

although hardly matters for me that whichever coat he his , he will be my baby for a life to come. Just wanna know how shall I expect him to grow as an adult.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
genetically, there is no medium coat.. that’s a descriptive term, as is plush. per breed standard, all gsd should have a double coat and be either a stock coat, or long stock coat. both coat types have ranges in length and fullness.

your puppy is a stock coat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give me any reference image that howz he gonna be in coming months once he will achieve a maximum overall development

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
if you saw or have access to photos of the parents, they’d be a good indicator (unless one of them is a long coat), but here’s a random photo from google images of a classic black and tan stock coat. pup appears to have at least some west german showline in his background, if that helps.
7845AFF3-A7EE-4E80-A4A5-05363F2E62B1.jpeg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Coat looks similar to Blitz's when he was around that age. I attached pictures. One from around 8 weeks old and one from around 5-6 months. Stock Coat

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
the photos appear to be a normal stock coated puppy.....his color will change until he is tan with a black saddle if that is what his parents looked like......he appears to be a normal puppy of West German high or showline type

Cute boy! Hope he does well!

Lee

Reactions: Tiger Singh Gsd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the photos appear to be a normal stock coated puppy.....his color will change until he is tan with a black saddle if that is what his parents looked like......he appears to be a normal puppy of West German high or showline type

Cute boy! Hope he does well!

Lee
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tiger is our new family member. He is a very cheerful and active puppy. While adopting him from a breeder I was being told that he is a double coat Medium-Long length Gsd. ( can’t trust breeders nowadays specifically here in my country INDIA ).

attaching few pics of him from 1week till now 18-July-2020 (68 days old as of today ).

Can anyone guess with his or her previous experiences or any solid knowledge over the topic ?

although hardly matters for me that whichever coat he his , he will be my baby for a life to come. Just wanna know how shall I expect him to grow as an adult.
Very cute puppy 😍. He looks like my GSD named Simba. I too have the same doubt at this for Simba. My breeder said he is long coat puppy. As of now he looks like medium coat (2 inch hair length). You have to wait for atleast 4 months to identify how he will grow. From my view, tiger will have 2 inch hair length. My Simba is now 105 days old and he has same length. Another thing you can notice is the wave pattern of coat. If the hair pattern is wavey he will be long coat puppy (said by breeder). In India we are calling gsd coats with 2 inch hair length as medium coat and upto 3 inch hair length as long coat and more than that as bush coat GSD. Internationally there are only 2 coats. Stock coat and long coat.

And around 80 to 95 days of age, my Simba's coat becomes soo short and then now he has 2 inch hair length. In saddle back he got more than 2 inches and its wavy. So wait for 4 to 5 months. I am also waiting to find the coat of my Simba and your tiger.

Here are my Simba pics.😍

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
awww, what a cutie! But I think he's a normal coat. We have to brush Duke every day. It's okay, he loves the attention but he's this running hair ball. Note the fuzz in his ears. He also has fuzzy feet with hair sticking out all over.
DSCN1193 (2).JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cute puppy 😍. He looks like my GSD named Simba. I too have the same doubt at this for Simba. My breeder said he is long coat puppy. As of now he looks like medium coat (2 inch hair length). You have to wait for atleast 4 months to identify how he will grow. From my view, tiger will have 2 inch hair length. My Simba is now 105 days old and he has same length. Another thing you can notice is the wave pattern of coat. If the hair pattern is wavey he will be long coat puppy (said by breeder). In India we are calling gsd coats with 2 inch hair length as medium coat and upto 3 inch hair length as long coat and more than that as bush coat GSD. Internationally there are only 2 coats. Stock coat and long coat.

And around 80 to 95 days of age, my Simba's coat becomes soo short and then now he has 2 inch hair length. In saddle back he got more than 2 inches and its wavy. So wait for 4 to 5 months. I am also waiting to find the coat of my Simba and your tiger.

Here are my Simba pics.😍
Simba is too cute 😘 . Why not connect over WhatsApp @+91 7398242487 we can keep contacted and share their growing journey with each other. I have some questions to ask about Simba’s diet ping me Over whatsapp

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awww, what a cutie! But I think he's a normal coat. We have to brush Duke every day. It's okay, he loves the attention but he's this running hair ball. Note the fuzz in his ears. He also has fuzzy feet with hair sticking out all over. View attachment 561789
OMG 💓💓💓. Please post more pics of DUKE. I never really saw this colour coat in GSD.Is he a long hair ???

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
Simba is too cute 😘 . Why not connect over WhatsApp @+91 7398242487 we can keep contacted and share their growing journey with each other. I have some questions to ask about Simba’s diet ping me Over whatsapp
you do understand that you’re posting your number to a public board in which members and non members can see including bots, etc?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you do understand that you’re posting your number to a public board in which members and non members can see including bots, etc?
Yes and I am comfortable with it. Thanks for your suggestion though. However , if it is against the forum you can positively delete my comment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Duke is a long hair. I want to catch a photo of his feet for you. I never saw a dog with so much hair. I don't know where the color comes from, he's mixed with Samoyed and a bunch of mutts. He's a shelter adoption so we don't know anything about his background. In the second photo he's the one in the back.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
okay, snapped a couple photos of my baby's furry feet. It appears long haired fellas have an abundance of hair even on their feets
Pretty sure your baby is a normal coat. Nothing wrong with that. Still a cutie. DSCN1226.JPG DSCN1229.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts