German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My puppy is sleeping like this often! :(
Is this coz he is over weight? He plays around well... But he shows slight difficulty when getting up sometimes...

Should I reduce his portions?

*oversized picture removed by moderator*

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Sleeping like that seems to be a GSD thing. Also, that's not the best picture to tell if your pup is overweight. If he's having issue getting up, I'd have a vet check him out and have xrays done on his hips to see if that's the culprit.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I can't see the picture but I am thinking at that weight it isn't going to be overweight. I have a female that weighs a few pounds more than that at six months and she is slim.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Same here, my female is 51/2 month 9old and is 55lbs, active and in term sof sleep it like to sleep a lot. Normal for large dogs to nap a lot, especially if they are physically active.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
5 month old. 54 lbs a week ago. Not overweight and sleeps alot also. His active times are early in the morning and around 7pm . He's at work with me right now and has been sleeping under my desk for the past hour. Only woke up to go play for 30 mins. He seems to sleep more now that its so hot here in Ca.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts