German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I bonded with Harley (my first GSD) much more quickly than Varick, though now, I have a special bond with each of them. I love them both with my entire heart. But I do favor certain qualities one has more than the other dog, and that goes for both of them.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I have favorite characteristics in all of the animals, but no favorite as in one is better than the other. I don't think there is anything wrong with a favorite as long as you don't let one dog get away with more stuff just because they are a favorite.

·
Banned
210 Posts
I have three dogs, 1 Border collie and two German Shepherds and the Border Collie is by far my favorite. She was MY first dog and we spent a lot of time going to training. She did all the puppy classes, obedience, and we even got to level 3 agility. And she's the only one that does not sleep in a crate. Oh and she has the best name ever, Squirrel!!! haha

·
Registered
152 Posts
Whatever dog is not irritating me at that particular moment is my favorite. ; ). I do know if push comes to shove who i could never let go of.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I don't have a favorite among my current dogs, but they are both very different, and I enjoy them for those different qualities. My favorite cat, however, would be probably be the little seven pound fearless one...he is very affectionate, acts almost like a dog, and holds his own amongst the shepherds. The spooky cat is very sweet, but she might be overshadowed, at times, by all the big personalities.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
One of the funniest, and TRUEST, things I ever read about parents (owners) having favorites.

"I don't have a favorite child but right now I definitely have a least favorite"

There are aspects of each of my dogs that I prefer over the other dog.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Resurrected thread. Interesting to see what I wrote back in 2013 hehe. Since that time, I've lost my beloved Rai Li, Varik is now 3, almost 4, and we are very close. He's not snuggly enough to suit me, but he's an entertaining, full-time job ;). My cat, conversely and to my great joy, has matured into a nice little lap cat, while keeping her kittenish crazy running through the house and playing with various little items that she steals off the counter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Always interesting to see what we used to think. My cat Fluffy used to be my favorite but now that she's gone I have no favorites they all rate about the same just depends on how I'm feeling and how each one is acting!

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
The bond I had with Lucky is the strongest followed by Daisy closely. I miss them both especially Lucky. Charlie is growing on me but man I miss my Lucky.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have had a heart dog- he lived almost 17 years. My Quest is definitely my current favorite out of five dogs, but there's no doubt my Zoom and my Erika are special. The other two love daddy best. I adore them, but the three that are more "mine" are my favorites, and the two that are more "his" are his favorites. As long as you give them all love and care, I don't see what difference it makes :)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts