German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a puppy from Shepherds By Design next year.

Is it weird that I already have my future puppy's collar already?

Is it weird that I already have her name picked out?

I wont be getting her until next summer/winter but I am getting prepared a year and a half early.

I bought her a pink spiked dog collar that matches my male GSD's black collar.

Hers

His

Her name will be Malice. It will sound wonderful with my male GSD Sinister.

Are you waiting for a puppy? Do you have things like dishes, collars, leashes, etc? Do you know what you are going to name him/her? Do you know where you are getting your puppy from?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I do know what my next dog's name will be and where he will be from though it's years away,lol So no not weird to me:)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Ok, I'm really jealous of you now.....

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I'm really jealous of you now.....
Awwww!

When is your new bundle of joy going to be born? ;) Come on Lilie, Hondo needs a baby sibling! :D

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I didn't buy anything for my pup until yesterday. I figured if I bought anything well in advance it would just end up belong to Rocky or a foster. We threw around names for ever before settling on Kopper, just days before the breeder needed a name.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm getting a dobe pup for schutzhund in fall/winter, and while I do not have collars or toys yet, I already have a 'to do list' and 'things i need' list for when it gets closer to the time, and I already have his name picked out. His name will be Shade. I'll be down in Florida in April meeting the breeder and having fun getting grilled-well done sounds about right :) I die everytime I see a picture of one of her pups!

·
Registered
85 Posts
You're just excited - kind of like an expectant parent who goes shopping the day they find out they are expecting.
I went "baby shopping" for my Ziva pup who will be coming home this coming weekend over the last few weeks - not quite as in advance as you (lol) but still planning ahead. I had her name picked out before I picked her out.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the pics and updates on your little girl when you do get her. I don't see anything wrong with being prepared. Btw I love the name Malice that just fits perfectly into your gang. Is she going to be another black like Sinister?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the pics and updates on your little girl when you do get her. I don't see anything wrong with being prepared. Btw I love the name Malice that just fits perfectly into your gang. Is she going to be another black like Sinister?
She will either be black, a bicolor, dark sable or a red sable. Those are the colors that my breeder produces and all 4 are my favorite colors! :D

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm currently looking into a couple breeders right now. Reading and reading.... as much as I can. Looking to add another male too the family. Otto is going to be get a lil' :p brother!!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
She will either be black, a bicolor, dark sable or a red sable. Those are the colors that my breeder produces and all 4 are my favorite colors! :D
Yes, I have been to his website and they are all beautiful dogs-beautiful colors. I was just wondering if you were preferring another black. I am sure you will find the right girl for you which ever color she may be. :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I have been to his website and they are all beautiful dogs-beautiful colors. I was just wondering if you were preferring another black. I am sure you will find the right girl for you which ever color she may be. :)
Well I like all 4 colors but my favorite are the blacks and the dark sables. I would LOVE either one, although the blacks will always be my number 1. :wub:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Perfect name! I would be picking out new stuff too. I so want a pup next year but my husband doesn't think that's a good idea at all...we'll see how I do

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Awwww!

When is your new bundle of joy going to be born? ;) Come on Lilie, Hondo needs a baby sibling! :D
So far my favorite breeder is your breeder. And his waiting list is too long. :cry:

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
No opinion on whether or not it's weird but...I seriously need to get a collar like that for Shasta! Where did you find it?

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far my favorite breeder is your breeder. And his waiting list is too long. :cry:
His waiting list isn't long at all. I am just waiting for next year because it will be a better time for me to get a puppy.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No opinion on whether or not it's weird but...I seriously need to get a collar like that for Shasta! Where did you find it?
I bought it at Petco, it's $35.00 I believe.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts