German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, here's another teething question. My pup's ear recently fell down after a couple of weeks of both standing up. They've always been floppy, but they stood nevertheless.

Here he is prior to week 12. As you can see, it his left ear that is down while the right one lays on top of his head.

This is pretty much how his ears stood for the next 2 weeks or so

For the past 3 days his ears have been like this. As you can tell, it's the opposite ear which is up now.

I had been noticing his ear begin to flop a few days prior to the right one dropping, before ultimately going back up. But 3 days ago his ear dropped and it's been that way since then.

There's 2 other dogs I allow him to spend time with (2 older German Shepherds) who aren't rough with him. I've inspected his ear and there's no visible damage.

He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort, and if I'm not mistaken, he's around the age where they begin teething.

This is the first GSD I've owned, and I've never owned any dog with erect ears. So am I just being overly paranoid and it's just the result of teething? Or is it something else?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
there is an entire section dedicated to this called "ears up" or something similar.

ear changes under 6 months = teething.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts