German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Yes, 2-3 times a week both dogs get a raw egg split between them (70/30). My parents raise the chickens so I know what they're eating

·
Registered
8,690 Posts

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Does it also promote weight gain? My pup is somewhat underweight

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
It's protein and vitamins, but not enough it should significantly affect weight. The biggest impact I've seen is it helps keep their coats nice

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's protein and vitamins, but not enough it should significantly affect weight. The biggest impact I've seen is it helps keep their coats nice
Thanks. She is transitioning into her new coat so it can also help :) she has a sable stripe in her back right now that looks nice! But her sides are still in that pup fuzz state. She shed most of it spin hope it comes back soon.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Yes puppies can need their food adjusted several times while growing. Feed more if they're getting too skinny, back off and feed less if they're starting to get chunky. I would add and remove about a 1/2 cup when needed to maintain a good weight, but I'd rather keep my dogs a little lean especially with the large breeds

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Having just seen the pictures of your dog, her weight looks pretty good to me. I didn't think she was underweight.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having just seen the pictures of your dog, her weight looks pretty good to me. I didn't think she was underweight.
She is a tad bit underweight. Her vet told me she should weigh a little more. I personally don't see it too much but occasionally I will notice her rib cage more often then I should.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts