German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's this breeder, a west german showline breeder, that I've been following for 3 years. I've been following her since I became a member here on GSD forums. I'm not stalking her, I just follow the kennel site and keep up with the breedings, next upcoming females, new studs, and etc.

So any way, I noticed one of her most striking females disappeared from the list of females. I liked this female and she was known for her dark coloring. I'm wondering what happened to this female? The breeder has even already kept a puppy back from a breeding out of this female, but the female is still breeding age.

I'm not on a waiting list. I'm not in line to buy soon. I am curious, but I DO NOT want to bother the breeder. So I was wondering, would it be rude or bad for me to email or call her and just ask out of curiosity what happened to my current favorite female of her breeding program?

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
I don't think so. If this was a particular female that you were interested in getting a puppy out of, maybe another kennel has the dog and is currently breeding her. You could be redirected over to that kennel.

I don't see anything wrong with asking. I'm sure they've been asked much worse and weirder questions in the past.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. If this was a particular female that you were interested in getting a puppy out of, maybe another kennel has the dog and is currently breeding her. You could be redirected over to that kennel.

I don't see anything wrong with asking. I'm sure they've been asked much worse and weirder questions in the past.
Okay, thank you. I'll shoot her an email.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
You know, if... If your question is interesting to the breeder at all, but, if it isn't interesting, in this case you should be able to present your question in such a way that it becomes interesting. Find out something about life and career of that person, (he/she must be a member of some club, find info on the net), the majority of people love to talk about themselves in connection to dogs in general, especially if someone watched their video. Ask your question carefully, because it could be a painful subject, and construct it on the basis of - no, not some simple curiosity, but serious, bordering with professional your personal interest in GSD.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Worth a try. You could check her site. Look and see if she has a section for retired females. Maby for one reason or another she was retired......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts