German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Norah, 17 months, I know she's not stacked, these are just a few snaps taken at the beach today. The beach is slightly sloping too, is it possible to give a critique from these or not? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
She's kind of stacked in this shot...

What is her background? Different if AKC showline or West German working lines or...

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Good enough. :)

Slightly stretched female with OK withers, very level topline, good length and position of croup. She is balanced nicely with good angulation front and rear. Good pasterns, though she looks to be a bit east west in front. I would also like to see better feet. She has a sweet face, but I can't tell much about her ear set with them down in all of the photos. Her color could be richer and she is quite washed out.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
The angles of the shoulder bones (upper arm and scapula) from the elbow to the point of the shoulder (towards the chest) to the top of the withers.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, what does "a bit east west in front" mean? She is from a WL bitch and a SL dog...

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
It's when their front feet are pointed out to the sides a bit, instead of forward.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have added some photos that show her ears, it was blowing a gale at the beach so she kept them close to her head to stop them blowing away!! I have to upload the photos separately, I can't seem to do them all on one post. Must be because I'm using my cellphone...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Awww, I love her big red Dobe friend too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the second ear shot!

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
...and the third! I hope they show her ear set properly?

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks dogfaeries, the dobe is the funniest dog, magnificent to look at, but clumsy, needy of affection and kind of magnificent and uncoordinated all at the same time! They make a good pair though, he just runs around doing his thing and she is the "fun police" telling him off and sticking close to me!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Pretty girl! Her ears look fine. And I can tell her Dobe friend is goofy, lol. I had a red Dobe myself for 14 years. Such a silly wonderful breed.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
14 years, I hope My guys live that long, I lost my last one at 10 and felt very cheated :( funny having a GSD and a dobe, they are so friendly and unagressive, not what people think they will be like. My husband and I always joke that they won't stop us getting burgled, but they might slow any would be intruders down by getting round their legs and demanding attention!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts