German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

is that ok to buy male and female puppy from the same mother becz my friend told me that i have to buy male from a breeder and the female from other place if later i need to get a good puppy .. ?

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
WHAT??? Yes it's ok to get a male and a female from the same liter but you can't breed them.

What does if later I need to get a good puppy mean.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you are going to breed them...then your puppies shouldn't share the same parents.

But if you are not going to breed them, then you can get littermates.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
No you shouldn't breed two puppies from the same mother or the same father. Or even from the same grandparents.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I know you live in a different country but its no excuse.

If you are wanting a GSD to breed first learn about the breed. You don't even know there are different types of GSDs. All you could do is post a picture and say I want one like this.

No good breeder is going to sell you a dog thankfully :rolleyes:

·
Registered
959 Posts
sorry for my bad english what i mean is if i need to breed them later ...
I don't want to sound harsh but...if you don't know that they shouldn't be related to breed them, maybe you shouldn't be breeding them. That's pretty basic stuff.

A lot goes into breeding dogs. To breed a dog correctly, it takes a lot of money. More than what you can probably sell the dogs for, IMO. I hope you think about just having a dog to raise and love. If you really want to go into breeding, check out some of the clubs and get as much information as possible first.

·
Registered
311 Posts

If you are wanting a GSD to breed first learn about the breed. You don't even know there are different types of GSDs. All you could do is post a picture and say I want one like this.

wow - while I agree with encouraging new commers to not breed , I find your remark about good breeders not selling to H2K a little harsh. One thing I really like about this forum is that people with little or no knowledge of the breed come on here asking questions and most people really help them to learn that breeding is best left to experts, with what I think is a pretty good success rate. I see members explaining the importance of good breeding and the negatives of breeding unworthy dogs.
While I am no expert , I would hope that experienced members that are will set new members straight in an honest non demeaning way.
H2K , you will find a breeder that will sell a pup to you , please though do not purchase your first puppy with the thought of breeding in mind, If you can find a good pup from a breeder now why would you think you cannot find one later down the road?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
wow - while I agree with encouraging new commers to not breed , I find your remark about good breeders not selling to H2K a little harsh. One thing I really like about this forum is that people with little or no knowledge of the breed come on here asking questions and most people really help them to learn that breeding is best left to experts, with what I think is a pretty good success rate. I see members explaining the importance of good breeding and the negatives of breeding unworthy dogs.
While I am no expert , I would hope that experienced members that are will set new members straight in an honest non demeaning way.
H2K , you will find a breeder that will sell a pup to you , please though do not purchase your first puppy with the thought of breeding in mind, If you can find a good pup from a breeder now why would you think you cannot find one later down the road?
I absolutely agree. That was just mean.

If you want to become a breeder, do it right. You should talk to a good GSD breeder and get them to mentor you. See what breeders go through and see if you still want to do it.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You're right it was a little harsh.

This guy has 10 kennels set up for breeding. Apparently he's breeding cats too. He knows zero about GSDs and IMO has not shown he is going to put in any effort in learning more. He just wants to find(be told) a good breeder where he can get his dogs.

One puppy sent to him already died and he didn't bother taking it to a vet to find out why

I'm not going to be supportive of someone like that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm not experience with dog how ever i use to be a good dog lover more then 10 year before .. but im cat breeder i have more then 50 cat i put them in one kennel to breed them and they are mixed from the same family maybe by chance i bring diffrents mother with diffrents father but anyway i already found many breeder in thailand and in india so i'm trying to find the best breeder and i will buy from them ..

Thankyou

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
What kinds of cats do you breed?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
See as i told you i dont have experience with dog or maybe i forget about how to be a breeding with dog but i do have experience with cat and bird to .. and i'm building kennel not only for dog but for some other pet's

regarding about the dog i buy from thailand you should not talk about something you dont no about .. i have spent time in thailand to take this dog to doctor and i spent on this dog more then 500$ and i spent on the cargo around 350$ and i buy this dog for 600$ so how come you tell me i will not take care about it .. see the paper down ..

You're right it was a little harsh.

This guy has 10 kennels set up for breeding. Apparently he's breeding cats too. He knows zero about GSDs and IMO has not shown he is going to put in any effort in learning more. He just wants to find(be told) a good breeder where he can get his dogs.

One puppy sent to him already died and he didn't bother taking it to a vet to find out why

I'm not going to be supportive of someone like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You said the puppy died from a virus or change in weather you didn't know for sure. Had you taken it to a vet you would know for sure. Spending a lot to purchase a dog doesn't mean much. I am sorry that the puppy died though.

You also seem to know zero about breeding cats. Just because you've done it for 10yrs does not mean you know what you're doing or doing it well. Based on how you breed cats as a GSD lover I don't want you near a GSD.

I think you have more than enough animals to care for right now. Adding any more right now is not a good idea.

·
Registered
31,982 Posts
Harsh is saying I hope your fifty cats trip you and claw your eyes out and feed on your carcus. That would be harsh, and I would agree that it is harsh.

The best breeders will not sell to this guy. But he will find dogs somewhere.

I really do not understand why anyone wants to be kinder and gentler to a budding new puppy miller, regardless of country. One who has fifty cats in a kennel and is allowing indiscriminate breeding of offspring, will not treat dogs the way people on this forum would approve of.

It is a business that he is trying to make happen. He is expecting to sell these over the internet or to pet stores. Because no way is he going to have people come to his place and pick up a puppy.

Furthermore, while raising littermates is certainly possible, most people do not recommend it. Two females out of an awesome litter if you are equipped to keep them separated if need be might be ok. But a male and female out of the same litter? Why?

But why sit here and give advice to someone who whether he shun it or use it will still probably make incredibly bad decisions for the dogs involved.

Leaving you to the kinder and gentler members of the site, and I sure hope any new members who do not know us well do not get the impression that we encourage people to set up puppy mills.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Well said Selzer!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I dont no what i should be Answer you if you are thinking that i do not have experience with cat well you are not the person to tell me this .. becz you dont no me in the real life i just register last night here but if i take you to my house to show you the cat that i have in my house and the way i build the kennel to my cat maybe you will be change your mind .. i have no idea why the dog is died and i told you b4 maybe becz of the wather or vuris .. and if i take it to the vet like what you said after dieing are they going to retern it to life again ? or something like that .. this happen to me and happen for to many other people here in this forums and outside the forums also many complain i see in this forums after buying a puppy 2 or 4 days it is died .. so nathing we can do ..

You said the puppy died from a virus or change in weather you didn't know for sure. Had you taken it to a vet you would know for sure. Spending a lot to purchase a dog doesn't mean much. I am sorry that the puppy died though.

You also seem to know zero about breeding cats. Just because you've done it for 10yrs does not mean you know what you're doing or doing it well. Based on how you breed cats as a GSD lover I don't want you near a GSD.

I think you have more than enough animals to care for right now. Adding any more right now is not a good idea.

·
Registered
334 Posts
:thumbup:

Yes, well said Selzer!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts