·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is it just me? Zeus is 16 weeks

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
Looks short from that perspective...do you have a sideway's shot?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From last week:

·
Registered
27,279 Posts
In the video, it looks balanced with the body. That video is adorable!!!! What a biddable puppy.
At this age, you can't really judge puppy wonky stages. Karlo and Onyx went thru a stage with really long tails(and big ears), then they grew into them.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for the feedback, as long as it's not a huge problem/development issue than I don't care, Love my fluffball! This is my first gsd so I have no idea where he should be at at 16 weeks. All I know is that he still has all his baby teeth and bites allot and his ears stood up at 9 weeks and they are doing good and pretty strong up there =) I actually was excited about the crazy ear stages, but we skipped it!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Looks good for him.

Awesome job on the training! He's doing good.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
it looks like West German short tail. it's rare but blk&red's seem to have it
more so than any other color. go to www.wgsts.com (West German short
tail society).

·
Registered
245 Posts
There was a point in Beckett's gawky puppy phase when his tail would practically drag on the floor, but his legs caught up eventually. :) Judging proportions are difficult when they're young!

Such a gorgeous pup!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it looks like West German short tail. it's rare but blk&red's seem to have it
more so than any other color. go to www.wgsts.com (West German short
tail society).
That site is broken + when I try to google it nothing comes up?

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
BTW puppy is doing GREAT!!

However, I must admit, I'm really impressed with the husband training. How do you get him to train like that? ;)

Mine thinks saying "Hey stop that" is the only training command. :D

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
=( lol sigh i was ready to join the club!

Lol I trained the puppy!!! but it's like 2 birds with one stone, I walk and train them both =)

He is amazing and I tried the last resort for correcting biting, the tin can with coins! and guess what??? he can care less about how loud it is. I did win the battle by finally stopping babying him and grabbing him by the loose scruff on his back/neck, tipping him to the side while pinching hard.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
LOL!

Not being skittish around loud noises is a good sign actually! According to a working line breeder I visited a couple years ago. Makes sense, they use loud pistols during portions of the protection training and at trials. ;)

=( lol sigh i was ready to join the club!

Lol I trained the puppy!!! but it's like 2 birds with one stone, I walk and train them both =)

He is amazing and I tried the last resort for correcting biting, the tin can with coins! and guess what??? he can care less about how loud it is. I did win the battle by finally stopping babying him and grabbing him by the loose scruff on his back/neck, tipping him to the side while pinching hard.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya he ran from it once and I was so excited that i found the cure, but after a few shakes, he was like pffs w/e I will eat the noise. It's getting a little better, mostly bad biting happens when he is over tired right before bed. =)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yea, I would not fret over it... Puppies are often a bit gawky... Wolf Ceasars tail seemed too long and ears too big, as if he was going to have to be 6 foot to grow into them.. :rofl:

Now at nearly 6 months, he is finally growing into his big ears, now 70 lbs, and his tail is all hairy like a wolf coat... By the time he hits a year it will be in proportion...

Yours pup is very cute, fur ball, and the tail makes him look even chunkier and stout. It could be a Bloodline as someone else suggested. I would certainly not fret over it, he looks really good. If you can't keep him, ship him to me in Australia, I have four on 30 acres of beef and horses, and have just ordered 200 galvanized 2.4 Meter Panels 2.1 metres high of temporary fencing style.. to make big dog runs in Stallion yards of post and rail hardwood.

So, yes, horrible tail, ship him to me here in Oz... Just kidding, love him to death.. :wub: If anything the tail makes him look even chunkier...!!!:hug:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Ya he ran from it once and I was so excited that i found the cure, but after a few shakes, he was like pffs w/e I will eat the noise. It's getting a little better, mostly bad biting happens when he is over tired right before bed. =)
Looks good!
Ps sent you a friend request on my puppy's facebook :D

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Thank you so much for the feedback, as long as it's not a huge problem/development issue than I don't care, Love my fluffball! This is my first gsd so I have no idea where he should be at at 16 weeks. All I know is that he still has all his baby teeth and bites allot and his ears stood up at 9 weeks and they are doing good and pretty strong up there =) I actually was excited about the crazy ear stages, but we skipped it!
It is a huge HUGE problem I tell you. The only solution is for him to live with Cheyanna until he gets out of that adorable puppy stage.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehe <3 as long us he looks like he is developing ok, I don't care how short the tail is, but nice try!!!!

I LOVE him =)

Mego, I love your puppy!!!!! Did you make that post about people petting your dog on walks? now I see why, I would get brainwashed and go right to her as well!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts