German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in an old thread but i think because it already had a lot of replies not many would scroll to the end.

Measured his height today and came out to be around 22-23"(wouldn't stop moving) and he's weighing around 68ish pounds. I guess now that he's a year old he won't be growing much but rather filling out. I still think he's kind of thin. Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Btw that him next to another GSD we met that was taller than him and longer but thinner....

·
Registered
533 Posts
He looks good to me but hard to say without seeing him in person. Would not hurt to ask your vet what they think next time you are there for a visit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't know why but in pictures he looks bigger and fuller

Mine is 20 months and width-wise looks exactly the same! I also wonder is he is too thin. :( (he is also taller than yours, 27 inches).
But most ppl say this is what GSD should look like and my vet agrees. Still, I barely manage to stop myself topping his food up..

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
My Newlie was all legs and a narrow chest when I first got him. He was somewhere between one and two years old then. I guess maybe he filled out sometime in the next year or so. Currently, he is somewhere between 27 and 29 inches tall and weighs 75 pounds, but he looks quite imposing now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya Blitz has always been "behind" on the growing, maybe he still has some more growing to do

1 - 13 of 13 Posts