German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Lincoln at 12 weeks

Last week at the vet he weigh 20 lbs at 11 weeks.

At his first appointment he weigh 14 lbs at 8 weeks

In the pass week he has been having bad diarrhea, so the vet has him on I.D. Science Diet Prescription can food and couple of pills. His stool was a little better for a day and went completely runny again. This time Sse directs me to give him only one can a day, no kibbles, no treats, just a tablespoon of yogurt. I have to break one can into three meals. I feel like I'm starving him. He hasn't been playing much lately. I don't know if its because he doesn't have enough calorie intake or what. Is he look too skinny?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
he looks like our Zeus and Z is 16lb at 11 weeks. The vet told us it's perfect, large breed puppy should not be chubby. It is hard on their fast developing soft bones and joints.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Lincoln seems to be at the ideal weight. At 12 weeks my dog Kreider was around 20lbs too.i think the idea of having a large breed allows us to believe that as a puppy they should e huge in reality a puppies growth is a process and it seems that your puppy is in healthy shape. As far as havin diarrhea have you been switching lincolns food a lot or has there been a change in your lifestyle/ training habits... I remember when my dog was around 12 week an he looked skinny as a rail... Now I Miss those days!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lincoln seems to be at the ideal weight. At 12 weeks my dog Kreider was around 20lbs too.i think the idea of having a large breed allows us to believe that as a puppy they should e huge in reality a puppies growth is a process and it seems that your puppy is in healthy shape. As far as havin diarrhea have you been switching lincolns food a lot or has there been a change in your lifestyle/ training habits... I remember when my dog was around 12 week an he looked skinny as a rail... Now I Miss those days!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yay! so I guess he just ALWAYS wants more food, huh? lol I won't let him trick me again.

We did try to switch him off of Pro Plan to Blue Buffalo but he wouldn't eat so I switch it back to pro plan. That was two weeks before this diarrhea starts though. Vet wanna see him again tomorrow if he doesn't get better :( We may have to skip puppy class this Thursday. How can we go to class without treats? :crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts