German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
If you don't have the registry's paper with a pedigree from the parent dogs, it's will be always a guess. Enjoy your pup.

·
Registered
506 Posts
His expression, coloring, tail, large front paws, eyes, nose all look like a shepherd. I'd have a hard time placing what could be mixed with him.

Photos are of a much-loved girl who used to own my wife and me. I could not find one where her ears dropped slightly, but every once in a while they did relax some. Her coat texture looks very similar to your dog. Nevertheless, while we did not have papers on her, as she was a rescue, no one ever questioned her GSD bona fides. Shepherd people and veterinarians pretty much took it as a given she was a GSD. Indeed, we get more questions about our 2 year old solid black girl. The classic, "What's she mixed with? A Labrador?" And her ears went up before her siblings, and never drooped.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you don't have the registry's paper with a pedigree from the parent dogs, it's will be always a guess. Enjoy your pup.
We have all the papers but idk probably cause I have trust issues I just don’t r trust it.. the breeder vet etc all says he’s purebred..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His expression, coloring, tail, large front paws, eyes, nose all look like a shepherd. I'd have a hard time placing what could be mixed with him.

Photos are of a much-loved girl who used to own my wife and me. I could not find one where her ears dropped slightly, but every once in a while they did relax some. Her coat texture looks very similar to your dog. Nevertheless, while we did not have papers on her, as she was a rescue, no one ever questioned her GSD bona fides. Shepherd people and veterinarians pretty much took it as a given she was a GSD. Indeed, we get more questions about our 2 year old solid black girl. The classic, "What's she mixed with? A Labrador?" And her ears went up before her siblings, and never drooped.
Yeah your right beautiful dog Btw

·
Registered
Eska von den Roten Vorbergen
3,842 Posts
Are any of the dam's close relatives on line? I do see two dogs in the sire's pedigree that look like they have weak ears.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think he's just got really big, heavy ears. It's not all that uncommon for a GSDs ears to refuse to go up.
You’re probably right we will see what happens after teething. Vet says he has good cartilage just sill developing so we will see

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, who are the parents?
It's the father's relatives I think have weak ears, as I haven't seen the dam's yet.
Parents are Timberline’s Dust Bowl Dance, and Dark horse, I’m aware his mom has 1 ear that may be weak or damaged

1 - 20 of 46 Posts