German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vet didnt say specifically, she just said his body will go through a lot of different stages in puppy hood and I just need to feed good food and good exercise. But I met a breeder the other day and she told me he was too fat.

He does NOT get treats everyday. Most of his training is done with toys as motivation. When he does get treats is all organic and grain free. I do not feed him from my plate. He's on Orijen right now and I'm thinking of switching to raw. He eats smaller meals twice a day, 3 cups total. He's been hiking off leash several times a week for months now with a pack of dogs. (I started a doggie hiking group, we usually go 4-5 miles or more) We walk everyday and we play at least an hour of fetch.

I can feel his ribs but I cannot see them. He does get quite a bit of extra skin right before he grows. I can stretch it like a cobra. He's 23.5in tall, 6 months old and a little under 70lbs.

What do you think? Here is a couple pics

Attachments

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
He looks fine to me! :)

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
from those pictures, he looks like he's in good shape to me. Just that at 6 months weighing almost 70lbs, I think he may turn out to be a very large boy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he's definitely going to be a big boy. I never thought he was overweight before because he has a defined abdomen and seems very muscular to me. But I see lots of GSD puppies that you can see their ribs and then that one lady told me Huter was chunky, so I got a little worried. He's certainly athletic. Maybe he just has more muscles than other pups his age.

thanks for the input :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts