German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought Remi, I was told he'd be a red and black large saddle. But he's now 3 months and looking way more like a bicolor to me. It's not really important, I'm just curious, I mean, is he? Can anyone tell me what they think?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Looks like Stark at that age.

I am going to say black and tan blanket back, with a dark mask. I'll try to get a photo of Stark at 3 months to show you.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Photobucket isn't letting me open up my old albums for some reason, so here is a photo of Stark at 1 year. He looked almost identical to your boy at 3 months though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep, I agree with elisabeth, looks blanket back, black and tan. The tan may redden as he gets older and blows his coat.

·
Registered
906 Posts
He is too cute I know that much!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've been asking myself the same question about Ezra. Is there an easy way to differentiate? If their tummy is tan, does that mean blanket back? Ezra's tummy is black, groin is tan. Blanket goes all the way down to his feet.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the help, and thanks Lesley! He's adorable but turning into a handsome hunk right before my eyes, I swear he's bigger today than he was yesterday!

DeeMcB, Rem's tummy is mostly tan and the groin is tan, if that helps.

·
5,627 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hmm, can't figure out how to upload pics other than the one in my profile. I'll check out the link.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Me again!

I think Ezra is bi-color. He has tar heels and penciling on his feet & toes. His black wraps around his chest and he has tan under his tail, on his chest and two small patches that look like he's getting gray in the temples. There's also a little tan on the inside of his ears.

What do you think?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
If you send me the photo via email I can post it for you.

PM me for my email address.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I thought my girl would be a bi when she was a puppy but she grew up into a black and tan blanket with a dark mask. At four months, she started getting in the tan hairs in once-predominantly black areas. Its really cool how these dogs go through color changes.

Adila (4 months I think)

Adila (1 year)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts