German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the forum and glad I found this page! Our family has always been fans of either Golden Retrievers or German Shepherds and in general go with rescues. Not really looking for a dog at the time this guy came into our life.

The story on him is that he came from a home that had 2 German Shepherd female mixes that got out and each had a litter. Something seemed a bit odd though in how much the various puppies had Shepherd features so strong.

Looking up various Shepherd types, I am curious what would my little guy be. He also has a tendency to always keep one ear floppy, and will be 1 year old in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is that photo on the left at one year? Looks like a GSD to me although the color pattern is a bit different than I normally have seen. Nice looking dog regardless :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That pic on the left is at about 5 months I believe. Yeah his color has been very interesting. great dog :)

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well he's a shepherd mix. I pretty highly doubt that a girl got loose and it just so happens that a purebred German shepherd happened to breed with her. Unlikely, but I suppose possible. Since the dam is a mix, your boy is a mix, regardless of the sire being a purebred GSD or not. Either way, he's cute!

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
The mother could be 3/4 German Shepherd who bred with a German Shepherd mix. The ear shape is not purebred but he’s a nice looking dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. he just turned 1 year yesterday. :)

Unfortunately no pics of the mom, sibling was all white with black nose, almost had him with us too but only so many dogs we can take care of lol.

He is a great dog, happy to have him in the family.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts