German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yup. Sho looks like it to me! That tail curling up is the only thing that looks off but my guy does that all the time with his tail.

·
Registered
932 Posts
yep it is pure bred, I have 1 long coat and 2 short coats, the tail curled up I have read and been told means that he is alpha or boss and only do that when other dogs is around out of my 3 I only have 2 that do that my youngest knows he isn't head dog yet..lol

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Besides the tail, his body structure doesn't look like a GSD to me. But maybe he's just poorly bred. I say he's a mix.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Originally Posted By: MaedchenBesides the tail, his body structure doesn't look like a GSD to me. But maybe he's just poorly bred. I say he's a mix.
That's what I was thinking too.

G

·
0 Posts
Originally Posted By: MaedchenBesides the tail, his body structure doesn't look like a GSD to me. But maybe he's just poorly bred. I say he's a mix.
And I disagree. Body shape looks fine to me. The stocky build and close fur remind me of many GSDs with East German lines that I have seen. His head is perfect and that's where you usually see indications of a mix. I see a pure GSD there. Curly tail happens often in GSDs and is of no consequence at all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
He's definately pure, from some European lines. If you look at the breed standard from 100 years ago from Germany, he fits it to the T besides that curled up tail.

I always tell people there's 4 types of Shepherds... "Square" (like him and many other working dogs), Angled ("traditional" show line type) and also Long hair and Short hair. By long I mean the "traditional" show line type length. Short would be his type of coat. They still shed the same... so don't be fooled. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts