German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my son was out with dexter getting his car worked on. A employee there started talking to him about German Shepherds. The employee said he just finished school for dog training and was getting a german shepherd from germany for $5,000. I am stating this because he most know something about german shepherds to be paying so much. My son told him how how our dog was free because the neighbor (BYB) was moving and had had a few pups left and couldnt keep them. The employee stated that Dexter was mixed with a great dane because of his big ears, eyes and snout. So that got me wondering if he was a purebred. i did see his parents when the neighbor used to walk them and they looked like german shepherds but were on the bigger size about 100 pounds or so. I dont mind if Dexter is mixed. it doesnt bother me , but I wouldnt want to tell people hes a german shepherd when he is mixed.
from his picture what do you think. Is he mixed with great dane or any other dog? Hes 5 months now and weighs approx 50lbs and is 22" at the shoulders.

·
Registered
32,356 Posts
:rofl: That boy is a purebred GSD and the "dog trainer" is an idiot. The reason his ears look so big is because he's 5 months old and he hasn't grown in to them yet.

·
Registered
32,356 Posts
Great dane puppy

Now...do these ears, eyes and snout look anything like Dexter?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Guy sounds like an idiot, he has no idea what the heck he is talking about, that is a pure GSD, just because you didnt pay $5000 for him. sheesh!

·
Registered
710 Posts
The employee said he just finished school for dog training and was getting a german shepherd from germany for $5,000.
I hope it's not a puppy for that price! :eek:

Sounds like an idiot to me,also.

·
5,627 Posts
was getting a german shepherd from germany for $5,000. I am stating this because he most know something about german shepherds to be paying so much.
Ha. I had just the opposite reaction... I thought well, clearly he doesn't know much about German Shepherds to be paying that price (assuming it's a puppy).

Dexter looks purebread to me and nothing like a Great Dane. I'd suggest the dog trainer educate himself a little more on his breed of choice as well as others.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Mixed he is not, good looking pup ...

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
The ''trainer'' is stupid. Dexter is purebred.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great dane puppy

Now...do these ears, eyes and snout look anything like Dexter?

Ha Ha when you put it that way, no he doesnt look anything like that. I just wasnt sure what a mixed one looks like and I dont have any papers to prove what he is.

Thanks everyone for your response. With this being my first ever GSD I wasnt sure, especially since alot of people ask me what kind of dog he is. I was telling them german shepherd all this time.

I know I would definately do some research on german shepherds if I was paying that much for a dog. So i thought he knew his stuff. Dont know if its a puppy or dog. My son didnt say. Now Im going to go home and tell my son to be quiet, because even he believed what the "trainer" told him LOL

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
The 'trainer' would be confused by Dax then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts