German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Just looking for some people that may be in Arkansas to get to know that also has a shepherd.

·
Registered
84 Posts
By the way Wolfcrest......I lived in central Cali for 13 years. We LOVE it here!!
At first, we were like..."ARKANSAS"??????
We missed Cali when we moved to Texas. I think we would have all jumped to move back. But now that we are in Arkansas, we are at total peace. And the prices are soooo much nicer!!!
Where in AR are you moving?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Decatur(sp?) or there abouts. I lived in Spiro, OK for the majority of my childhood. I miss the area there so bad. I live in Stockton right now. ugh. I am going to finish my schooling here and work a bit to save up and find a job there and move. It's going to be interesting One maybe two large dogs, and a horse lol. I have friends there now that will help me set up a place for my horse ahead of time and they said the dogs and I can stay with them until I get my place unless I get one ahead of time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Decatur you say. We lived for a while in Highfull just down the road till they put the air port in and we moved back to S. Arkansas. Pretty up there just so dang cold in the winter.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Val-Hi King Timber, when I was a freshman at college I met a few people from California that love it here in Arkansas. They said when they came to visit the campus they fell in love. I advise anyone never to go any further south than Little Rock. lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are quite a few Californians here in our gated community alone. For me, its living in a place thats somewhat geographically the same in the way it "feels". So, it kinda felt like home to me.

As far as the winters....buuuurrrrr. The summers.....oh lordy! We get one to two snows and year and a little bit of ice here and there but I deal with it. Timber hated the summer time. He didnt even want to go out to go potty. I cant wait for him to get a taste of snow. He's gonna love it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
i LOVE Arkansas! Dont live there, but a lot of family does and we visit often (Harrison and Little Rock). It is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
45 Posts
How funny!! I lived in central cali all my life until coming to AR. I'm near Eureka Springs. Big culture shock, lemme tell ya!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Okay maybe I should think of a more original area to move to lol too many Cali people in AR. The only thing is it is so nice there. I did find a couple places in MO and OK that would be nice. I need this school to hurry it up and be done lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was 45mins south of Fresno. Central Valley.

We came here because my husband's dad's family is here and it's a much better place to raise our kids.

I could do without the tornadoes, though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wolfcrest,

I lived in little Rock for 16 plus years, moved to Memphis Tn and come back to Little Rock to train. I will get the nam of a few people I know in the Fayettville area that own GSD's. What are you looking to do, Schutzhund, conformation, enjoy the best breed ever together???
That will help me gather up names for you.

·
Registered
455 Posts
DH was born & raised in North Little Rock. Most of his family lives in either Damascus or Conway now. He owns 40 acres in Damascus & we've been hoping to move there, but my cancer AND the darn housing market has put the move on hold.:(

Roseville is close to Sacramento. I'm a Calif native, but it's changed so much that I hate it here. AR today looks like CA did 50 years ago & the people are a LOT nicer! We both shoot & there's little trouble doing so in AR. (My dad was a cop & started us with guns at age 6). Plus, the air smells good & you can actually see STARS at night!

Hopefully, not much longer...:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts