German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current youngster is 12 months old and in many ways he still looks like a puppy to me (might just be the way I see him..:wub:) and I was wondering if he will change much in the next year, It's been a long time since I have had a dog since a pup and he is my first sable too so if anyone has pics of their dogs taken around a year and then as a 2/3 year old I would love to see them! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Overtgabby, how much did Ford grow after 12 mos? Ford looks a lot like Bo! Bo, at almost 11 months, weighs about 80 lbs. Ford is so handsome!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Moses on his first birthday:

And Moses on his 2nd birthday:

And just 3 months later at 2yrs and 3 months:

They really start to fill out right around 2 yrs.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Stark is intact, male and raw fed.

Stark at 11-12 months:

Stark at 19 months:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, there are some gorgeous shepherds on here! :wub: I especially love Starks colouring...:)

I don't see a huge difference between 1 year and 2, all the 1 year olds look pretty adult to me whereas I can still see the puppy in mine but maybe thats just the way I look at him? I am sure he will fill out as he grows up more. :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Wolfspirit - I know what you mean. My Panzer is 7 months old. People say he's grown so much lately, but I just don't see it. I guess this is why we need lots & lots of pictures of them! :) By the way, where's the pic of your pup?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Keep in mind that if you see them every single day, you won't notice much growing ;) My husband works 48 hour shifts and i'm a stay at home mom. I don't notice Deuce growing, however everytime my husband comes home from work he comments on how much bigger Deuce looks. My dad was over yesterday and had not seen Deuce in 3 weeks. He commented as well on how much bigger he's getting.... just one of those things to consider :)

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Onyx will be 4 on Nov 8! She is 26" and 92# so on the bigger end of the scale. She has maintained this weigh for 2 yrs and has filled out a bit, but really looks no different than she did at two.
Onyx at 7 weeks:

Onyx at 1 yr:

The next two show the growth difference of 4 months(Onyx on the right, Kacie left):
Kacie 21 mos, Onyx 5 months:

Kacie 2 yrs, Onyx at about 18 mos:

This is her at two:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wolfspirit - I know what you mean. My Panzer is 7 months old. People say he's grown so much lately, but I just don't see it. I guess this is why we need lots & lots of pictures of them! :) By the way, where's the pic of your pup?

Panzer is lovely! Here is my boy, he turned 1 last Thursday. :)

I can see the difference in Onyx between one year and two, she has filled out nicely. :wub:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Looking at all these pictures it seems like the biggest change from 1 to 2 (aside from filling out) is the level of maturity seen in their faces.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I think with some dogs, the real big difference will be when you post a photo of one at a year and another at say 3-4 years. I know Stark at 19 months old is just starting to fill out but is still very lanky looking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts