German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
It is nice that they have a picture of a GSD in one! And a kid washing him.
I was worried about how much weight a plastic tub could hold.
The price does seem like a lot. Wonder if there are any cheaper ones.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts

I have it and I love it. Got it for the reason you're quoting- back issues after bathing in the tub. The price did hold me back at first, but I got a really good deal at a dog show (on the last day of a four day trial).

We also go to a regional dog park here where there is a bathing facility with elevated baths. I go there frequently enough that now I pretty much schedule her baths around those trips. Since the park has access to salt water, we probably use the bath facility more frequently.

But now and then I still put the Booster Bath to use. I'm glad I have it.

And there are alternatives out there.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
That does look like a pretty cool tub, but I just take Molly to Petco and fork over the $12 dollars to use their self wash tub and supplies. The best part is you leave the cleaning to them (although I try to clean up as much as possible when I am there
). I don't bathe Molly that often, so that works for us.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have one and I love it as well, it is great and stronger than you think it is, if you have a few dogs it will pay for itself in no time instead of going to the groomers

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We live out in the country and the nearest self-doggie wash is several miles away, so I've either been breaking my back with the kiddie pool wash, or paying the vet groomer. We have two GSDs. A couple of days ago I got a line on a very slightly used booster bath that I can get at a good discount, so I'm thinking seriously about it. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I saw this one on Costco on-line and in Canada it is cheaper $169.99 and is delivered for that price. Don't know if they have it at Costco on-line in the States but if they do it might be cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts