1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Poor boy looks to be in shock....he clearly is devistated by whats happened to him.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
We can just pray that hopefully he got out and his owner will come looking for him....I'm afraid thats the only way this boy is going to have a chance at getting out alive.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts

German Shepherd Dog
Large Senior Male Dog Pet ID: 7231
City of Irving Texas, Irving, TX

Irving, TX
972-721-2256

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Every time I look at his face I see the puppy he once was.... Oh my we have got to save this boy. Can someone in Texas call on him tomarrow and try to find out more about him?

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
all this is really breaking my heart....I don't know how much of this I can take. I don't understand some people, and I don't want to understand them. There is no excuse for this dog to show up at the shelter...none...if the people didn't want him they have the obligation to 1. rehome 2. euthanize him at thier expense and with them there!!!! I would love to work this dog. but I have no contacts in TX...none whatsoever.... I just don't know what to do. He doesn't deserve this!!!!

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
A rescue URGENTLY needs to get this boy out - Irving went to NO public adoptions due to a couple dogs coming down with parvo!!

LOOKS LIKE MOST OF THE SHELTER ON URGENTS!

Irving Shelter had several adoption returns over the weekend who tested positive for parvo. There will be no adoptions to the public this week at Irving . Due to the need to thoroughly disinfect the shelter the population of dogs will be reduced to a manageable level. Rescues can pull any dogs that are at or past their adoption dates without charge. All dogs currently being treated for kennel cough in the vet area will be euthanized at close of business tomorrow (6/10). Any dog that is at or past it's adoption date is at risk of euthanasia after close of business tomorrow. If you intend to rescue any of these dogs please advise the shelter staff as soon as possible. If I can help with pull or transfer of any of these dogs please call me also.

This is from the Shelter Management:
Irving Animal Services is willing to transport animals if needed.

We do not think everything has been exposed but are implementing procedures to safeguard our adoption partners and any potential adopters
This is a link to the URGENT dogs.

IF YOU WANT TO RESCUE AN URGENT DOG AFTER THE SHELTER IS CLOSED CALL THE RESCUE HOTLINE 972-721-3597
Irving Shelter Tel.

972-721-2256
THE NEW IRVING SHELTER HOURS: M-F 12:00pm to 7:pm....Sat 12:00pm to 6:pm...Sun clsd
Russell Posch
Shelter Walker
RESCUES ONLY ~ 214-529-2920

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Ok, his avail date is 6-11, so based on the above he should not be euthanized tonight right????

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Oh my, just went to the website and they have several pups with strong GSD features listed as Rotie mixs....these poor babies time is up-thier date was yesterday

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I agree. Doesn't look like they are doing to get out alive...poor babies...

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Heres a bump for the end of my day...at least he can be number one if only for a moment!!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
bumping this boy right back into the spotlight!!

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
Listing removed... the volunteer that I got the e-mail I posted from said she felt he was rescued. Let's hope so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts