German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this works, I've never posted something like this before, so here goes for this beautiful boy;

He was on my facebook new feed, and I don't know how to post a link without giving you access to my facebook. Any suggestions?

**EXTRA URGENT**

NAME: Sebastian
CAGE NO: large dog adoption area B
ANIMAL ID: 11542532
BREED: GSD
SEX: male
EST. AGE: 1 year
EST. WEIGHT: 70 lbs
HEALTH: appears healthy
TEMPERAMENT: friendly
ADDITIONAL INFO: stray
AVAILABLE DATE: 1/11

Irving Animal Shelter
4140 Valley View Lane
Irving, TX 75038
Phone-972-721-2256 or 972-721-2257

Animal Shelter Hours
11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday–Saturday
Closed Sundays, Mondays and city holidays

To rescue a dog while the shelter is closed, you must call the hotline at 972-721-3597 and leave a voicemail with your information and the animals name and ID number.
You also need to e-mail the same information to the shelter supervisor, Laura, at [email protected]

Adoption fee-$70-100 (includes vaccinations, heartworm test, spay/neuter or $50 voucher, microchipping, and 30 days pet insurance)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He's not on the website list yet, otherwise I would have just linked to that.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
He's not on the website because he's being taken by Austin GSD Rescue. We're just waiting for him to be neutered tomorrow. He'll stay with me for a few weeks and then he's going on to one of our partners that does basic obedience and evaluates for SAR/narcotics/bomb dogs. If he doesn't cut it for the working life he'll be adoptable through AGSDR once he's got his basic obedience in about six weeks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is such great news, and I was hoping that's why I couldn't find him posted. But, I thought, just in case he had slipped by the radar, I'd post anyway. He's beautiful and I'm so thankful he's been scooped up. Thank you for everything! (and sorry if I shouldn't have posted, my heart just went out to him, and was just trying to help)

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Wanted to update on this. I picked Sebastian up from the Irving Shelter on 1/11. He's a wonderful boy, very polite in the house and LOVES to snuggle. He's housebroken and doesn't tear things up or chew. Really a great guy for as young as he is. He's a malnourished 70lb, could stand to gain 10 or 15 and might hit 90lb at full maturity.

He's currently at a 6-week obedience training program at Southern Star Ranch and then will be up for adoption. So if you're looking for a housebroken, obedience trained, polite and snuggly new family member get your applications now.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
That is great!! Hope he gets a fantastic home! Thanks for your efforts!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts