German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
I have never heard of this, but I am pretty sure the RH2 is an acceptable breeding title.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If my understanding is correct, the RH title is the international test for search and rescue. It has several levels of tests, just as the IPO titles do and the rules are available through USCA. There was a push several years ago to prepare judges to be able to certify the tests but the limiting factor seems to be a general lack of interest in offering the title at the club level. It is time intensive and requires a lot of land with varying terrains for training and trialing purposes. It is a true test of the dog's ability, as opposed to the DVG version, which is a very much watered down "fun title". It should prepare the dog to certify with any organization, such as NASAR or IPWDA, but the handler would require additional certifications, such as GPS skills, search planning, reading topographic maps, etc. I think it is considered to be a breed test just as with the IPO and HGH titles.

·
Super Moderator
18,681 Posts
There are some clubs working to get the RH more available. There is a FB group too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts