German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can anyone recommend an IPO trainer in Maryland or Delaware? Looking for private instruction

Thank you

·
Registered
479 Posts
How far into MD are you looking?

I took classes with Tecla Walton at Tecla's K9 Academy for various sports. She has private instruction for IPO and has a decoy that comes in every two weeks.

I have also heard Karen Decker with P.U.P.S. offers private instruction for IPO. She also is in the Howard County Working Dog Club and have had a Nationals competitor recommend her to me a while back. I haven't personally trained with her so I can't speak of her training methods.

If you're looking for something closer to the DE line, hopefully someone can point out a place to go.

·
Registered
31,366 Posts
Karen Decker at PUPS is z very good trainer and she brings in Beth Bradley and Ryan White once a month. This would be an excellent choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I took classes with Tecla Walton at Tecla's K9 Academy for various sports. She has private instruction for IPO and has a decoy that comes in every two weeks.

I have also heard Karen Decker with P.U.P.S. offers private instruction for IPO. She also is in the Howard County Working Dog Club and have had a Nationals competitor recommend her to me a while back. I haven't personally trained with her so I can't speak of her training methods.

If you're looking for something closer to the DE line, hopefully someone can point out a place to go.
Karen Decker at PUPS is z very good trainer and she brings in Beth Bradley and Ryan White once a month. This would be an excellent choice.
Thanks guys !

·
Registered
850 Posts

Hi, do y'all know or have heard of a trainer just outside of the DC area? I'm looking for someone closer to me. Howard County and Tecla is closer to Baltimore. And thanks.

·
Registered
31,366 Posts
Hi, do y'all know or have heard of a trainer just outside of the DC area? I'm looking for someone closer to me. Howard County and Tecla is closer to Baltimore. And thanks.
How far is Lovettsville from you? Marty Segretto at Definitive K9 is there.

·
Registered
850 Posts
How far is Lovettsville from you? Marty Segretto at Definitive K9 is there.

Thanks, Jax. I've never even heard of Lovettsville but doing a quick Google map search...it looks like it's across the river. Not an easy drive but I'll definitely look into him. Looks like he's very accomplished.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts