German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From his owner who is heartbroken......

I can't believe I am having to send this email. I took my two GSD jogging tonight, let the off the leash to swim in the pond like I always do, and my male ran off and I have not been able to find him. I tried calling him back for about 30 minutes with no success and have driven around and talked to all the neighbors for the past 4 hours. I have contacted all the shelters, vets, everything. I am desperate. Please forward this to everyone you can!

Lost male German Shepherd, wearing a black harness. Neutered, about 90 lbs. Responds to Koda. Lost in between Albia and Ottumwa off of Highway 34 around 4 pm tonight. Please contact 319-530-6590 or 641-777-2900 with any information. HUGE REWARD!!!

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, Koda hasn't been found. Here's the latest:

Hello All. I just wanted to let everyone know our current situation with
Koda missing. Joe and I have probably put in a total of 8 hours, and two
tanks of gas driving a 10 mile area over and over. I put out about 125
fliers in a "circle" ten miles either direction around us. I found this
amazing resource called findtoto.com that acts as an Amber Alert for missing
pets. I paid to have the 500 houses surrounding us in all directions called
with an automated call about Koda and with contact info. Joe sent out a mass
email to all the school district employees, and we know many of them have
forwarded it on. Joe has all his students looking. The woman that helped
find Reece a home (he was a foster, edited to add) has been wonderful in forwarding info. to surrounding GSD
rescue leagues and other resources. Our trainer Julie has done the same. I
also found a site that allowed me to make a donation and have all shelters
within 100 miles contacted. Ripley and I walked about 3 miles in the woods
today, and came up with nothing. The Ottumwa Courier agreed to publish a
letter I had written as an editorial, and we have classifieds in all the
surrounding papers. We've decided on a $500 reward.

At this point, I think we've done everything we possibly can. If anyone has
any further suggestions, please let me know. We are all very upset, and
Ripley doesn't know what to do with herself. She's just pacing and looking
out the window and begging to go outside. Thank you for your silent support,
and as before, I am really too upset to talk, but wanted everyone to know
what was going on. I will alert everyone if he is found, but until then, all
we can do it wait....

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still missing. Here's the update from 4/27:

Hello All. Thank you all for your support. Special thanks to those that have helped with financial support to help cover the costs of ads. and the insanely expensive gas that we've been through three tanks of. Also, special thanks to those that have helped to forward emails and notify people in the area to be looking. I am eternally grateful, and words cannot express my gratitude for everyone's understanding. Koda and Ripley are practically my children, and to be without one is devastating.

We obviously have not yet found Koda, and I will contact everyone if we do and when. For those of you that live around here please, please, still be looking and keeping people informed. I had one fairly promising call today from a woman that thinks she saw him in Wapello county off of Bluegrass Rd. near 190th Ave. That is about 5-10 miles from here, so within range. She described him pretty accurately, but it was Thursday night that she thinks she saw him. At that point she did not know he was being looked for, and assumed he would wander to his home. I drove all over that area for over an hour tonight, and did not see anything. An ad is in the Ottumwa paper all week with a photo, so hopefully that will cause someone to grab him and contact us. I also have ads in six newspapers surrounding this area, and in the Des Moines Register. If you know anyone that lives near Blakesburg, or
outside of Ottumwa to the west, please forward the information to them!!
Attached is the updated Lost flyer, so that can be forwarded.

Thank you all again!

LOST!!!!!
MALE, NEUTERED GERMAN SHEPHERD. APPROX. 90 lbs. BLACK AND REDDISH BROWN COLORING. WEARING A BLACK HARNESS.
VERY FRIENDLY AND WILL RESPOND TO NAME KODA!!!
CONTACT 319-530-6590 or 641-777-2900 IMMEDIATELY WITH ANY INFORMATION
$500 REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN!!!!
$100 Reward for Information Regarding His Whereabouts or Recovery

May be in Wapello County near Bluegrass Road or near Blakesburg.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Just a thought, keep you eyes on Craigslist-your likely doing this but thought I would mention it-alot of dogs end up there. I pray you find him soon.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
by the way what State are you in? It sounds like Iowa but I don't see that written anywere and if thats the case we can watch for dogs in the right state. Forgive me if the state is there and I'm just not seeing it...kind of tired but would love to help.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He was lost in Iowa. (It's in the Subject line.)

Koda is not my dog, I'm crossposting. I haven't received any updates which means he's still missing.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
oh I see it now.....sorry,,,was kind of tired when I read this... will keep my eyes posted on Petfinder. I can't imagine what this person must be going thru, but wish them the very best in getting their boy back.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Confirmed that he's still missing........

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
nothing yet??? I'm keeping my eyes open but so far no luck...

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing. It's like he just vanished. I'm wondering if someone found him and decided to keep him.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Originally Posted By: agilegsdsNothing. It's like he just vanished. I'm wondering if someone found him and decided to keep him.
Could be a possibility. Keeping my fingers crossed he gets found soon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts