German Shepherds Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for Diesel too... something about this boy... although I have no experience with DM. He just seems young to me. I wonder if there is any possibility that it's a disc problem.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Tanja

· Registered
6,284 Posts
thought about this guy all afternoon...hope things work out for him.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Good news everyone !!!

Thanks to the diligent efforts of Lenore at Heidi's Legasy Rescue in Lithia Fl, my brave boy made it to a wonderful home today !!

She will be taking him to a Vet tomorrow for some blood work & they will be ordering the DM meds and getting treatment started !!

Thanks to everyone here for the support all these weeks and the diligent cross posting !

· Registered
3,007 Posts
:happyboogie: Such happy news!!!! Something to be truly thankful for.

· Registered
6,284 Posts
thank goodness.

· Registered
267 Posts
Oh right before Thanksgiving! A true thanks to this rescue group and the family! YAY!!!!

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
A picture I got this AM of Diesel in his new home, lounging on the patio !!

Attachments

· Registered
551 Posts
I'm so happy for Diesel... he looks happy too! Thank you for all you did for him and please thank the person who took him. This guy was breaking my heart...

Tanja

· Registered
267 Posts
AWH I just love the way he's crossing his legs. So cute! It warms my heart I tell ya!

· Registered
3,007 Posts
He looks so much happier now.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
:teary: I'm sad to report that we had to let Diesel go to the bridge :teary:

His foster Heidi has taken wonderful care of him these last 7 months, even diapering him for the last 2 months after he lost control of his bladder !!

The really sad part is the Vets at UF Gainesville had selected him to participate in the clinical trials of a new treatment for DM. Unfortunately, it was literally just a week too late for my big brave boy and he came down with a massive bladder infection just 2 days before the treatment was to start.

This time, he was unresponsive to treatment and clearly in pain by the end of the week and we knew it was time to let him go ............

:rip: big boy - we all miss you !!

· Registered
551 Posts
I'm so sorry... I remember Diesel... he was another that really tugged at my heart. Thank you and Heidi for saving him.

Rest in peace sweet Diesel.

Tanja

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.