German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

· Read Only
428 Posts
Don't tempt me!! Actually my hubby would kill me. We've got tons on our plate right now and just found out about an unexpected something from our 19 yo daughter if you know what I mean. :( But that's a whole other story!

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow, sounds like you have plenty to deal with already - can't picture how a gimpy 115 lb dog would be of assistance (but if I think of something I'll let you know - LOL).

· Registered
3,007 Posts
Poor boy, it sounds like he is giving up. Hoping for a miracle rescue!!!!

· Registered
551 Posts
Any news on this sweet boy? Been thinking about him...

Tanja

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Sorry I have not updated here in a few days, been wicked busy ..........

Unfortunately, there is no good news to report. There have been a lot of inquiries about Diesel, but as soon as I send them an application I never hear back :-(

I had 3 or 4 potential candidates that are all members of a group, but they are sitting on their hands because 1 member is insisting she get the dog. IMO, she is a borderline hoarder and I have stated I will not let her take Diesel.

I did get to come in over the weekemd & spend time with him and he is eating once again. Yeasterday, he seemed to be having a bit more trouble walking than the past few days. Going in to see him now, hopefully it was a fluke.

Kennel is filling up (as we always do over the holidays) fast, I doubt I will be able to get another extension if I have nothing substantive to show by Friday nite.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Still no angel for Diesel and the cement kennel continues to take it's toll.

He rubbed a nail raw this afternoon & it took a hour to stop the bleeding - the staff Vet is gone for 5 days, so we did the best we could for him.

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My donation offer still stands....
I will PM you if someone steps up for this guy !

As for the shelter, it's not a matter of $$ as it is available space.
Plus, he is not doing well mentally being caged & the cement is taking it's toll on his feet.
Even if they said I could keep him indefinately, the other factors are reaching critical mass.

At some point, it's just not "right" for the dog to keep them like this :( :cry:

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thought I had someone willing to take him tomorrow, but it's beginning to unravel - trying to pull the deal out of the fire ...........

· Registered
267 Posts
Oh poor boy. Bump again - any rescues out there that can help?

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Deal is back on for this afternoon - keep fingers & paws crossed for my brave boy - this is likely his last chance to get out.

· Registered
267 Posts
:fingerscrossed: keeping EVERYTHING crossed for this boy!

· Registered
4,345 Posts
Keeping fingers crossed for this afternoon.

Some years ago I rescued one from GA, a female with advanced DM and deaf. Her rear end was very wobbly, but she had such a strong will to live and she loved patrolling the yard. She was pretty easy to care for overall. There are worse things than DM.

If someone could hang on to him until my fosters get adopted, he could come here - if the first option falls through.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.