German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thor z vom Weberhaus aka Dax. He came home to us today and is 8 weeks old. We're thrilled to have him.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Awwww! Mega cuteness!!! :wub:

I love the other dog..."what IS this tiny thing?!" :confused:

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Awww I love his expressions, he looks like a handful ;):D

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I didn't know you were getting a new one! See what happens when I go in hiding for awhile. Congratulations and have fun! Any specific training plans or just active family member??

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he might be a handful for a little while simply because I'm so used to Shasta and she was an easy puppy but she's also lazy.

He's DDR/Czech

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Oh sorry... his lines, I mean. And he definitely looks like he's going to be a handful, but most puppies typically are. It's definitely puppy season.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know you were getting a new one! See what happens when I go in hiding for awhile. Congratulations and have fun! Any specific training plans or just active family member??
Mainly active family member but we're also wanting to eventually get involved in schutzhund.

adorable!!!! cant wait to watch her color changes, congratulations.
me either!!! I think i'll be doing weekly pictures for a little while.

Oh sorry... his lines, I mean. And he definitely looks like he's going to be a handful, but most puppies typically are. It's definitely puppy season.

he's going to be fun. He's already more interested in playing with us than Shasta (poor Shasta). Geramy is actually down on the floor with him. The kids are trying to play with him and he's just sniffing and romping and having a good ol time.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
He's very cute! What does your other GSD think of him? They both look very curious about one another.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He's very cute! What does your other GSD think of him? They both look very curious about one another.

Shasta loves him. She adores puppies and is generally really good with them so she's pretty excited. He's curious about her but at the same time not really interested. He attempted play earlier and she accidentally smacked him with her tail so he decided to keep his distance lol. I'm sure once they're used to each other, they'll be pretty good.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Aha, so that is why you couldn't wait for Monday to come :wild:
Congratulations on your new little bundle of teeth!
What a cutie he is.
And buahahaha ha, look at Shasta! :rofl:
She is wondering what the heck you brought home and if the thing intends to stay!

PS-- love the name. It is that of Hans's sire.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
he wont be wearing a collar for a little while lol. The collar we have for him just hangs and it's as small as it goes! Harness for him for a while! Inside he's "naked" but outside obviously not.

Curious to see how it goes tomorrow! he's been really good and literally no accidents in the house at all (yet).

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What a cutie he is.
She is wondering what the heck you brought home and if the thing intends to stay!

Exactly! I was excited! and now he's here! and the real fun begins! Going to give him a couple days to get settled in and used to the noises around here and then.... the basics begin! Currently he's passed out in the middle of my living room floor. Shasta is over in her usual spot on the chaise in the corner. He literally just played and played and stops and just heads to dreamland. It's like there's zero thought about it. Play play play, oh i'm tired, snore.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Woohoo! This Monday afternoon was a good thing. He is very cute. And with your new camera and doodads I expect to see lots of pics. I am jealous.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woohoo! This Monday afternoon was a good thing. He is very cute. And with your new camera and doodads I expect to see lots of pics. I am jealous.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Umm yeah!!!! I'm actually getting ready to take some very zonked out puppy pictures! Lil man is so asleep the slightest noise isn't waking him up now.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a cutie he is.

PS-- love the name. It is that of Hans's sire.

LOL! Nice.

We're calling him Dax because I like the actor/comedian Dax Shepard and thought it would be amusing as well as easy. Curious how many people connect the dots with Dax and think of the actor haha. Pun TOTALLY intended too. I have my very own Dax only I have Dax Shepherd instead of Shepard. :wild:

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
That comedian spells his last name incorrectly. LOL!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 64 Posts