German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have already seen her, but I give you my new foster girl, Roxy (name may change, I'm open to suggestions).

Expect more pictures when I get her home.

She's spent the last seven months in a crate in a less-than-desirable place.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
she's pretty!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What a pretty girl ;)

BTW, I really want to know where do you buy those amazing collars! I tried to find some very large leather collar around Montreal but I didn't find anything :(

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stillwater - GREAT prices and the quality is just amazing - the first collars show are the one's she is wearing in that picture.
Stillwater Kennel Supply --

She was definitely making a funny face, I was making her stay before she gobbled down her food lol

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The do GREAT leather collars and harnesses as well..

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Hello Roxy, you are such a pretty girl. :)

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
She is so pretty!! I love how glossy her coat looks!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She's just gotten a good scrubbing in the second pic.. she gets soo dirty in the crate.

And you're welcome, Stillwater's collars are priced SO cheap, but the quality is rarely matched - a very sweet person from another forum actually ordered Roxy a collar from them and is having it sent to me for her..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She's very cute. How does J like her?
Well, she's DA and he's DA plus she has a ton of fight drive, so I'm not even trying that lol Poor J would be terribly outclassed if she had a go at him.
She has a chain set up outside, she will go on that when I'm not taking her out or exercising her, then she will come in and be crated while I'm gone.

·
5,627 Posts
Well, she's DA and he's DA plus she has a ton of fight drive, so I'm not even trying that lol Poor J would be terribly outclassed if she had a go at him.
She has a chain set up outside, she will go on that when I'm not taking her out or exercising her, then she will come in and be crated while I'm gone.
I thought he was DA. I give you credit for being able to juggle them. Good luck with her!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And the little one - Sparkles and J do great together, thankfully.. But I really have be to careful of her, Roxy could make quick word of her 12lb snarky self.

I think Roxy will just be happy to get out of the crate.. Her chainspot has 20' of chainspace where she can see the neighbors and people, fresh air and squirrels teasing her - and I can also take her the places I can't take J, she might be DA but I can pick her up. J's HA/DA and over 80lbs, so that's a bit hard to take to a dog-friendly store.. lol

I'm going to catch her up on her socialization, she's very shy of new people, so I'm going to get her around as many friendly, tread-laden people as I can.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Is she a purebred APBT? Or is she mixed?

I am still learning the looks of the breed. I hope you find her a good home!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She LOOKS and acts pure, but seeing as I have no idea of her lineage I call her a mix.

I'm picking up the last things I need for her today, so hopefully I can get her home tonight..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol Please note the serious faces are because I had cheese and was making her hold still for it..

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Me and her had some more training time this evening, it's raining and she needs to stay stimulated - she I worked on her 'stay' and 'come', also re-teaching her name.. She learned how to lay down just now, I had to get her to crawl under my arched leg though to go into a down, because she is very stubborn and would rather paw your hand to death than work out what I want lol

So this week she's learned:
Her name
Come
Stay
Sit
Down
Crate (not terrified of it anymore)
And house training.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts