German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought our new addition home last night. He's already so calm and gentle with the kids and an absolute cuddle bug. He'll move heaven and earth for kibble. He's a blast to work with.
We'll be training him for autistic service for my son. He'll also be doing obedience and tracking.
Thank you so much to everyone here that's helped me through this process so far and we will help me in the future.
I feel so lucky to have had Chris Wild pick this little man for me, he fits us like a puzzle piece.
...now for the part you guys really want, pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
We brought our new addition home last night. He's already so calm and gentle with the kids and an absolute cuddle bug. He'll move heaven and earth for kibble. He's a blast to work with.
We'll be training him for autistic service for my son. He'll also be doing obedience and tracking.
Thank you so much to everyone here that's helped me through this process so far and we will help me in the future.
I feel so lucky to have had Chris Wild pick this little man for me, he fits us like a puzzle piece.
Cute puppy!

Just a heads up. My puppy was very calm and gentle when I got him home; however, he turned very naughty when he turned 4 months. All my puppies went through this age. As long as they are thoroughly exercised, they'll be great. Working line is very hard to control because of burst of energy.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Oh my goodness.... that face! Adorable. Congratulations! Have lots of fun with him. Be sure to keep posting pictures and updates.

·
Super Moderator
2,855 Posts
Congrats on the pup from Chris! He's super cute.

I love the name btw ?

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
It was nice meeting you a while back! The snugglebug of the litter for sure. Best wishes on your journey with the vandal!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We've had our not so little anymore boy for three weeks. We couldn't ask for more. I included an unprofessional stack of Vandal.

He's not as calm as when we first brought him home and we've found fun things to do with him to soak up that energy. He's extremely attentive and wants to learn so it's a blast.
He is doing well in the school room and learning patience for long deep pressure. We've started deep pressure training in public with no hiccup, I included a pic of him working it at home depot. His find is coming along and I think we are ready to start hiding out of the house.

Great dog!

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
He is so beautiful! Looks like a sweetie. He's got some nice size mitts on him too. I wish I could get any type of stack photo of my guy. He doesn't stop moving!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He is so beautiful! Looks like a sweetie. He's got some nice size mitts on him too. I wish I could get any type of stack photo of my guy. He doesn't stop moving!!
I had my daughter hold a frozen peanut butter filled bone while I took pictures. I took a good bit of attempts, thank you digital!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had my daughter hold a frozen peanut butter filled bone while I took pictures. I took a good bit of attempts, thank you digital!

HA! I did notice that. I think my problem is trying to do it alone. A few weeks ago I heard the garage door open and knew he was going to go to the gate to await my gf’s arrival, so I got something, but not the best posture.

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
have to resurrect this thread. Vandal visited club today and did great in all three phases! I know it ws just a 'visit' but he can do whatever you ask of him! Very nice puppy :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
have to resurrect this thread. Vandal visited club today and did great in all three phases! I know it ws just a 'visit' but he can do whatever you ask of him! Very nice puppy /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
Aww! I’m glad to hear this. ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have to resurrect this thread. Vandal visited club today and did great in all three phases! I know it ws just a 'visit' but he can do whatever you ask of him! Very nice puppy :)
Thank you. It’s very nice of you to mention.

Vandal did great in tracking and his obedience was spot on even in a new environment with strange people watching. I was getting some advice on the field and looked down to him for a quick check. He was being the perfect boy, sitting and staring up at me for instruction. Such a good boy. For protection, he was half “I’m gonna get that toy” and half “mom, what is that crazy guy doing?”

Fun day!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vandal is 4 months old. He weighs 41.5 lbs and his height is 20.5”.
The whole household absolutely loves this guy. He’s maturing into a great dog and already performing at his main job, autistic service. He, of course, still needs a lot of luring but he’s defused several meltdowns. He also does fun stuff with me not related to service. It’s such a blast having this boy in our lives.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts