German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my family and I are going through an experimental phase with GSDs. We currently have Arya (2 year old female) and we’ve recently introduced her to Cesar (5yr old male) We’ve had Arya since she was a puppy and she’s generally a sassy dog. She plays well with others and we’ve never had her show any signs of aggression. When first introducing the two they didn’t really mess with each other. Arya being a curious pup sniffed him and is making some low growling noises when they play or chase each other. Cesar is also very protective of one of his toys and has snarled at Arya. He’s also not comfortable with Arya sniffing at him and also growled and shown his teeth at her. Is there anything I could do to help their bonding process. And should I even be trying to bond the two. Cesar is fixed and Arya isn’t. I’m not sure if this means anything but I felt this might be necessary to know.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Forget about making them into best buds and teach them how to coexist peacefully. Get an experienced trainer on board who can help guide you.

Also what do you mean by "my family and I are going through an experimental phase with GSDs."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I forgot to mentio
Forget about making them into best buds and teach them how to coexist peacefully. Get an experienced trainer on board who can help guide you.

Also what do you mean by "my family and I are going through an experimental phase with GSDs."
I mean that having two GSDs is very new to us. And thanks for the advice

·
Registered
163 Posts
Maybe you could do what I did with Mia and our cat. I introduced them through a glass door and they started to love each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts